Which color really is faster?

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
i dont really have anything to add. But i do like where you are going with this. Oh and we need pics when this experemnt is performed :thumbup:
I have just thought so that the ladies aren't left out we can get to twin blokes to perform the experiment to.

Nelly

Fz6Sa

SS1000 Veteran
Elite Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
www.youtube.com
There are two things I do know for fact:
1) The more discerning rider will ride the silver and black one.
2) All current models will be faster than the 2010 models.

Nelly

+1 on those!!!

(On if Blue or red really made it faster, - don't you think they would make the space shuttle Blue or red???)

grommit

...M
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
This is an import question that should be debated regularly. :rolleyes:

All I know is that my bike's colour as defined by Yamaha is called Power Blue, what more do you need to know. :D

Norm

Senior FZ6 Advisor
Reaction score
Visit site
I have convincing PROOF that [COLOR=\"Blue\"]BLUE is faster.[/COLOR]

I started speaking with a Gentleman in a Yamaha dealership today, he was on a RED CBR 1000. I mentioned I was headed up to a Triumph/Yamaha Dealership right after I left here, about 25-30 miles away. Surely a significant distance to correctly gauge speed.....
We spoke again briefly in the parking lot, as we BOARDED our bikes. Mine BLUE, his RED;)
2 hours later, after a stop for some Lunch....I arrived at the Triumph/Yamaha Dealer.
By coincidence, the same gentleman arrived, on his [COLOR=\"Red\"]RED [/COLOR]CBR, nearly 20 whole minutes after me! He too stopped for LUNCH! I can only deduce, that [COLOR=\"Blue\"]BLUE.....must be faster![/COLOR]:Flip:

I don't think you can get more scientific than this. Case closed as far as I'm concerned.:thumbup:

fz6joker

Damn Hooligan
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
The black one is the fastest because the cops can't see you to make you pull over. HAHAHA

fenell903

Reaction score
Visit site
blue, red it really dose not matter. we all know that while the are fighting over who is fastest the raven is already flowen by both.:Sport:

Fz6Sa

SS1000 Veteran
Elite Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
www.youtube.com
I have convincing PROOF that BLUE is faster.

I started speaking with a Gentleman in a Yamaha dealership today, he was on a RED CBR 1000. I mentioned I was headed up to a Triumph/Yamaha Dealership right after I left here, about 25-30 miles away. Surely a significant distance to correctly gauge speed.....
We spoke again briefly in the parking lot, as we BOARDED our bikes. Mine BLUE, his RED;)
2 hours later, after a stop for some Lunch....I arrived at the Triumph/Yamaha Dealer.
By coincidence, the same gentleman arrived, on his RED CBR, nearly 20 whole minutes after me! He too stopped for LUNCH! I can only deduce, that BLUE.....must be faster!:Flip:

Let me just get this right ....,- You claim that Blue is faster becoz it did 15 miles/h on average ..... :rockon:

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
The colors of the visible light spectrum[2]

As you can see from the charts I lifted from Wikipedia blue has a higher frequency and more energy than red. Red has a longer wavelength. This means blue is faster but red bikes are longer.

As the speed of light through the same medium is the same in both cases (red and Blue), this means that the blue expends more energy (higher frequency) to travel the same distance at the same speed, this means that the blue one is inefficient :D

Mississippi

Reaction score
Visit site
Originally Posted by Nelly View Post
We get Wolfman to bring a couple of glamor models (they have to be identical twins, to negate any calibration errors). Stick the bikes out in the sun and get the girls to sit on the bikes. We then take surface area measurements from carefully pre-selected body areas.

Your thoughts please?

Nelly

i dont really have anything to add. But i do like where you are going with this. Oh and we need pics when this experemnt is performed :thumbup:

+1
Do you need an extra Judge:D? If so, I will take a hit for the team.....I'm in!!!!

Botch

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S!!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
This means blue is faster but red bikes are longer.
I did learn something on this thread! I shoulda bought a red one, and gotten more leg room!
Anyone wanna trade their red for a faster blue one? ;)

Fz6Sa

SS1000 Veteran
Elite Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
www.youtube.com
Silver includes ALL the colors in the spectrum, so it's ovbiously the fastest.

Definitely :rockon:
Sorry (NO I'M NOT!!) to break this to you, - BUT IT DON'T!!!! The Only color that includes ALL colors in the spectrum is: BLACK!!!!

Hence proving what we all already knew: BLACK IS FASTEST!!!
(That's why Yamaha started with the black engine coat ...,- a simple tuneup!!)

Raid The Revenge

Reaction score
Visit site
This is so juvenile. You know that right?

[nomedia]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mv14sUTQsao[/nomedia]

RED will kick your ass for FREE!!

Last edited:

MarinaFazer

Wonderbread
Reaction score
www.jwci.org
I promise you that if you mess up that shift from 1st to 2nd, any of them will be "faster" LOL. I've done that to a few FZ's where they didn't shift fast enough, or actually pulled in the clutch to shift instead of quickshifting...etc.

you wanna go fast? Meet me a 3pm at the flagpole. we race for pinks.

oh yea...mine's red :D

horacemorris

Reaction score
Visit site
What do they call the dark blue colour used on my 2005 FZ6?
I know it's the best because the day after i got it, a work colleage said to me "Your bike looks cool...it's like something that Batman would go to work on!"
That does it for me, being fat old and balding and still being compared to a super hero...thanks Mr Yamaha

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Blue, Blue, BLUE

It's the ONLY color they make every year... all other colors fall off the chart due to poor performance and sales. Everyone wants the fastest thus the reason BLUE is made every year.

sideshow_downs

Finally Summer
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
[COLOR=\"blue\"]Blue, Blue, BLUE[/COLOR]

It's the ONLY color they make every year... all other colors fall off the chart due to poor performance and sales. Everyone wants the fastest thus the reason [COLOR=\"Blue\"]BLUE[/COLOR] is made every year.

Maybe they just keep making blue because they have so many left over from last year. Or that the Yamaha color is blue so they have to stay with their roots.