• ANY OTHER TYPE

Votes: 25 26.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

opds9091

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Out of the following which set of bars would you pick?
1- set are suburban
2- rizoma
3-jota

Last edited:

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I voted for the Rizoma's i think they look more natural. the others look too "aftermarket" if you know what i mean...

Ashbone

Reaction score
Visit site
I have the Suburban, they fit like a glove with no mods to brake lines or cables and gave me the exact riding position I was looking for, yes expensive but no more aching wrists or weird riding position.

jtarkany

Ronin
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.vcoe.org
Of the three I voted for the Rizomas :thumbup:, but I am seriously considering getting a pipe bender, some stock material, and attempting to make my own.

Along these lines, anyone have a suggestion on stock materials I might want to look at?

thethendi

Reaction score
Visit site
I just ordered the LSL street bars. It seems like Renthal is also a popular choice; I just saw a few different kinds on twowheelsteals for 40-55 bucks. No idea which particular kind fits the FZ6 best though.

Aleziel

Reaction score
Visit site
"set are suburban":rockon:

if youre going to go through the hassle of buying and changing them, you might as well buy something that looks different. the rizoma ones look like the stock ones.

clockworkjon

SUCKERS!
Reaction score
Visit site
I just ordered the LSL street bars. It seems like Renthal is also a popular choice; I just saw a few different kinds on twowheelsteals for 40-55 bucks. No idea which particular kind fits the FZ6 best though.

Spiegler LSL bars are nice too.

About how far down and forward from stock does the LSL put you?

jeff in ohio

Reaction score
Visit site
I have a set of Coerce Competition Low bars in titanium....threaded on the ends to fit stock FZ6 barends.....sitting on my workbench. No clearance issues with fairing or gas tank on an '07. I thought I would like the lower/straighter handlebar position, but did not....

COERCE Hyper Bars

here you can see them on a 650 Kawasaki....

SV Race Shop Online Store

I got them from Japan including shipping for somewhere around $50....which means you can get the set off my workbench for around that price (hey, I threaded the ends myself, so I gotta charge for my labor :D)

thethendi

Reaction score
Visit site
About how far down and forward from stock does the LSL put you?
I can't give you exact measurements as I haven't used the stock bars since last season and don't have them with me here. In any case, you'll definitely notice yourself leaned a little more forward, but it's not like you'll be laying on the tank or anything. It's a much sportier riding position, but not necessarily more comfortable. My guess is it's about 1.5 inches lower with very little pullback...Spiegler has the exact measurements on their site. FWIW, I'm 5'7" and don't have any issues with my back, but if I did, I probably wouldn't like the bars much.

The only thing with the LSLs is that finding bar ends to fit the 14mm seems like a bitch unless you get them from Spiegler; forget your local store, they probably won't have anything. Granted, I didn't look that hard...I wound up doing bar-end mirrors with caulk in the bars.

zamolxes

Reaction score
Visit site
I have pondered on this issue myself for a little while and I installed my suburban about 3 weeks ago. What a difference that was for me. Mind you, I am 6.1 at 200 pounds so having a more forwards and lower stance got rid of the pain I was experiencing. I guess you always go with what fits you best but price does not matter (well, kinda...) if your mod helps you improve your riding.

my 2 cents on that one...

Oh yeah... and it is the coolest looking that suburban... got so many compliments on it as a bonus :)

CDE

Reaction score
Visit site
I want to get new bars, I'm not crazy about how bent towards the rider the ends of the bars are. I would prefer something a little more straight. I'll have to check out the FZ1 bars! I voted Rizoma because I really like all their stuff. I'm ordering lights from them very soon. :thumbup: