Where's the air filter

Yamaha Ya Ya

Reaction score
Visit site
As I said, the dealer didn't have an owner's manual for my '07. I am ordering a Haynes Manual. Some have suggested that my stalling issue could be a dirty air filter.

Well, how do you access it????

Thanks!

Norbert

crash tested
Reaction score
Visit site
it's underneath the fuel tank.
be careful screwing the airbox back together. the screws are self tapping, so be sure to not create a new set of threads.

here's an excellent post on how to lift up your tank and get to the airbox.
http://www.600riders.com/forum/how-tos/12650-gas-fuel-tank-removal.html

i just use rope to prop my fuel tank up for the last step. the point is that you don't need to remove your fairings.

Last edited:

paulinus

Reaction score
Visit site
I was bored, so I found you the page in the manual. Somewhere on here there were links to PDFs so you could have a digital copy. I've slept since then tho :)

Norbert

crash tested
Reaction score
Visit site
oh wait, one last thing.

put a small layer of white lithium grease around the air filter, where it sits in the air box. just to seal the filter and the air-box together. not too much.
also, put some where the 2 airbox "halves" meet.

there you go!
(i was bored too. not much on tv)

Yamaha Ya Ya

Reaction score
Visit site

goker

------------
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I went on that site. Lot's of 2007 FZ6 owner's manuals for some reason. My bike is a 2007 blue FZ6 with the half fairing. What's the model number?

Thanks!

That's weird. I only see two models listed for 2007 (FZS6W and FZS6WC). I am going to guess, yours is probably FZS6WC since you are in California (everybody is fuzzy about "C" around here. :)), but both owner and service manuals are same for them.

When you sign up, add your bike as one of the models above and you should be able to download it afterwards. When you bring the manual up in PDF reader, just use "Save As" option to save it to your computer.

adpr02

Reaction score
Visit site
After how many KM is it recommended to clean the air filter? I'm at 18k. Should I look into it?

Edit: Also, can the stock filter just be cleaned/oiled like a K&N filter?

Last edited:

mave2911

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
When I bought my bike with 22000kms on it, I put a K&N in it. The stock filter was a bit grotty, but the K&N has a lifetime warranty (or million mile)

You can not really clean the stock filter, but if you believe K&N, buying one of theirs will be the last filter you ever need to buy for your bike.

That was my thinking anyway.

Cheers,
Rick

Edit: and no, you absolutely can not oil the stock filter.

Last edited:

CanadianFZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
After how many KM is it recommended to clean the air filter? I'm at 18k. Should I look into it?

Edit: Also, can the stock filter just be cleaned/oiled like a K&N filter?

Maintenance schedule is in your manual... If you don't have one, check the link mentioned earlier in the thread to download a PDF copy....