Where to buy New Chain

Wildcat_drvr

Great-Grandpaw!
Reaction score
Visit site
Where do you shop for the best price on a 530 chain for our Fz6's? My local dealer will match internet prices!And whats a good chain brand.I like D.I.D. but it ain't cheap!My chain has a link that won't move,froze up.Can't understand how this happened,I lube my chain very religiously,and always after riding in the rain,which I enjoy! Cost is a big consideration as I have a very limited income.Or can I take out the bad link and repair it with what?Thanks for any help you may be able to give.Would like to go to 17 tooth on front but can't afford it at the moment. Thanks again! :rockon: Rich

tejkowskit

Gold Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Our chain has 118 links which will also work with a 17t sprocket up front. DID makes quality chains (it is also what comes stock on the bike). The chain is an important component and can cause a lot of damage if it breaks or cause the rear wheel to lock up (bad news at speed, obviously). Buying a good chain also means you won't have to replace it as often. If links are starting to seize up you're better off replacing the whole thing instead of just 1 link.

Another thing you'll need if you plan to do the job yourself I'd a good chain breaker/plate press/chain riveter. An angle grinder makes breaking the chain much easier and we'll keep the chain breaker from breaking, but isn't needed. Plenty of videos to watch on how to change it.

As far as where to buy just do as mentioned. Search all the cycle sites.. One may have a deal going on. Shop around.