Where to buy a Chain/Sprocket kit?

MarkG813

Reaction score
Visit site
I need to buy new chain/sprockets for my bike. I want to go -1 on the front sprocket and remain stock on the rear. so 15/48T. I also would like to go with a 520 chain.

where have other forum members bought they kits? Its a plus if i can find a blue chain with a black rear sprocket or vise versa.

Thanks!

mave2911

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I need to buy new chain/sprockets for my bike. I want to go -1 on the front sprocket and remain stock on the rear. so 15/48T. I also would like to go with a 520 chain.

where have other forum members bought they kits? Its a plus if i can find a blue chain with a black rear sprocket or vise versa.

Thanks!

Not wanting to hijack, but I too am looking for chain/sprocket kit suppliers. I'd like to go with 525.

If anybody knows a good supplier, please let us know.

Last edited:

Downs

Touring Jarhead
Reaction score
Visit site
I usually order my chain and sprockets from the below link because they are a well respected vendor in the Bandit world and that was myfirst bike

Welcome to Cogent Dynamics

You basically can't go wrong with any of the big online vendors that sell lots of motorcycle stuff :)

PhotoAl

Reaction score
Visit site
Received my sprocket and chain set from Sprocket Center today and will put on this weekend. Sprocket Center

530 DID VX chain 118 links with rivet master link
46 tooth SuperSprox rear
15 tooth front

Total cost $239.95 - delivered

I have looked around for a while and this was the best deal have found. They were very quick and responsive. They called the day after I placed the order to say that the 530 kit would take a 2 or 3 days more and they had the 520 kit in stock. We discussed the 520 and the FZ6 - he thought it would be a good setup with equivalent life. Decided to go with the 530 (stock size) as I ride almost every day and take trips as well and thought the 530 would be more dependable - my thought nothing he said. I have a 16 tooth Yamaha front sprocket and am contemplating using the 15 tooth most of the time and the 16 tooth on trips. Don't know how much if any difference the 15 will make.