Where did you find your bike??

Where did you find your bike?

• Total voters

Kenward

Reaction score
Visit site
Bought my first FZ6 at the stealership. I was actually looking at a FZ6 at another stealership when I found my current bike on craigslist. Promptly walked out. haha

LERecords

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
other - went to the dealership to look at the 05 r6's.. talked to this guy that worked there and he said i would love the fz6 way better.. something about much more comfy riding position.. i really had my heart dead set on an r6.. very happy with the fz6 decision... never thought id be at 17k 6 years later..

lonesoldier84

SuperFlanker Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
lol

yeah it is a bit of a fail poll

biggest place for buying used privately in canada = kijiji and not on the list

also not on the list as mentioned already....dealership

Lol, but yeah. I bought off kijiji.

macem29

Banned
Reaction score
Visit site
I was living in a tent in Afghanistan and decided it was time to get a bike,
knew it should be a sport touring machine, started reading about the FZ6
and being a Yamaha guy I knew it was the one, started looking around on
the net and found a 2 year old one with 1300 km on it for a great price,
had a buddy back home look at it, bought it for me when it turned out to
be mint and it went into storage for 6 months until I actually set eyes on
it, perfect machine, though an unconventional buying process :D

Reed

Southern Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
Found mine on Craigslist!! I think that craigslist and ebay are great ways to find many things for a good price.

5spoke

Reaction score
Visit site
I searched craigslist for a while, but believe it or not I ended up finding it at a BMW dealer. I love BMW's bikes so I go to the dealer 35 miles away every once in a while, just to day dream. I ended up spotting it in their used bike section and fell in love. The dealer doesn't get much business outside their BMW bike collection so they let it go very cheap. I then sold my sv650s in less than 24 hours and went back with cash to pick her up. This was in february, so I rode it back the 35 miles in 300 degree weather with a smile on my face the whole ride. Plus the PO had installed heated grips :thumbup:

turbid

Reaction score
Visit site
i found mine at a dealer, i was dead set on getting a zr7, then went window shopping and found my fz in a corner of the showroom. the guy had left the island and gave it to dealer to sell it for him. the dealer gave me the contact of a friend of the owner and i dealt with him, turned out only slightly more expensive than the 2003 zr 7 i was going to get and gave me the top box and rack with it!. it had minor scratches on the stator cover (still there), i asked a friend of mine to test it and gave me the thumbs up

Josh1466

Reaction score
Visit site
Ebay! Pictures looked good and the starting bid was low. I figured "why not..." so I put in the minimum bid. Nobody else bid against me haha. Guess it was meant to be.

ebk02

Reaction score
Visit site
Got at the "stealer", and at the time thought I got a good deal. I sat on the fz6 and the 6r and there was no comparison. The 'New" '09 I got for 7800 OTD with an additional $300 store credit - $7500. But then, the prices seem to stay high here in Ca., and I wanted to get one before all were gone.....

Christian67

Reaction score
Visit site
The first I found in my own garage... I bought my wife's first cycle in may... and I paid her way too much.

In August, after downing The Red, I bought Harry used at a dealership. Again I paid too much.

Its been an expensive year.

On the other side, its been worth it.

LesL60

Reaction score
Visit site
A nice mechanical engineering grad student at Marquette who worked at Harley as a contract engineer. Low miles, clean, and a maintenance manual. It's been great for the past four years and I'm keeping it until one of us is just too old to carry on!

2007Fizzer

Senior rider
Reaction score
Visit site
Craigslist - local listings. I went from a 2001 Yamaha TW200 (16 raw horsepower) to a 2007 FZ6S2 with over 90 horsepower. What a thrill! I get more out of first gear on the FZ6 than I got with all 5 gears on the Tdub. Now I gotta learn to corner properly, on what seem like narrow tires (compared to the Tdub). But it's fun, and I'm certainly enjoying the challenge.
- - - Jim

Most problems can be solved with a suitable application of throttle!

Last edited:

SweaterDude

Broke-zillionaire
Reaction score
Visit site
Dealership, but through an old friend who's the SM there. they were doing deals on the, then new, 6r and since my bike was an older model, we asked if they would apply the same discount. He did us one better and sold it at cost minus the discount so, out the door for $6800 for a brand new 09.

PurpleZJ

Reaction score
Visit site
Bought mine from a guy that used to work in the department next to mine at work. Never really knew him but I now work with his sister and a week later I bought the bike

FIZZER6

The Angry Blue Mantis
Reaction score
Visit site
Dealership was giving away the 2006's when I bought mine in January 2007 for $4,999 (base price) with 1 mile on the odometer! Could not pass up the deal. I was originally in the market for an SV650. So glad I chose the FZ6 instead now. :thumbup: