Where did you find your bike??

Where did you find your bike?

• Total voters

08fz6

Make no excuses!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Just out of curiosity why do some of you call dealerships stealerships? Let me guess you think they are making a killing right.......

MHS

Reaction score
Visit site
Doesn't matter to me how much they're making on the sale of the vehicle - I just regret paying new price (no matter how much I talked them down) for a vehicle.

08fz6

Make no excuses!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Doesn't matter to me how much they're making on the sale of the vehicle - I just regret paying new price (no matter how much I talked them down) for a vehicle.

Why do you regret it? you know that no one else has had a chance to do any premature wear to it. Plus you should have the pride in having the money to buy new....

boarder4life81

Reaction score
Visit site
Initially walked into the dealer**** (no I didn't misspell, they were that bad) to look at Suzuki's, since that is what most my family swears by, and sat on a leftover 2009 blue FZ6 next to the SV650 I was looking at. I instantly fell in love with the ergonomics, comfort and naked street bike look. 8 days and 4 dealerships later I go back, with the wifey's blessing, and buy the same blue FZ6. It was a bigger pain in the butt then buying a car, but, I'm loving every minute on my bike.

Last edited:

Yamma~Tiger

Reaction score
Visit site
Bought mine in October 2010, pretty much the end of the riding season here in Wisconsin.. I was browsing on Craigslist and came across a 2007. Fast Red. with 5800 Miles. Guy was asking $4000. He said he was selling because the baby seat wouldn't fit. Only thing, the bike was two hours away up north. So I texted him. He said he still had it. I texted back $3400??? He texted me $3600?? I replied $3500. He texted me: "when u commin' to get er?" Drove up there that Saturday with my brother paid the man $3500 cash and rode her back home. Not one regret.

paper

Multibike disorder..
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I was browsing on Craigslist and came across a 2007. Fast Red. with 5800 Miles. Guy was asking $4000.

Tiger,
Was that bike, by chance, in Reedsburg?? Back before you bought yours, I was looking at one (red) in Reedsburg, and also one up by Rhinelander.. I ended up buying mine in West Bend...

Yamma~Tiger

Reaction score
Visit site
Tiger,
Was that bike, by chance, in Reedsburg?? Back before you bought yours, I was looking at one (red) in Reedsburg, and also one up by Rhinelander.. I ended up buying mine in West Bend...

No, I bought mine in Appleton. She was MINT!!!. I think It was the guys first bike and you could tell he really took good care of her. Had all the dealer service receipts, original sales brochure and manual. did u buy yours from Road track and trail by any chance?

paper

Multibike disorder..
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
did u buy yours from Road track and trail by any chance?

Nope.. West Bend, not Big Bend.. I did stop in there and the other 2 big used bike places when I was shopping, though..

I also looked at one at Vetesniks in Madison.. They wanted big money for a used one that had been down on both sides.. :eek: I bought mine from a private party that had it on CL..:thumbup:

Yamma~Tiger

Reaction score
Visit site
Nope.. West Bend, not Big Bend.. I did stop in there and the other 2 big used bike places when I was shopping, though..

I also looked at one at Vetesniks in Madison.. They wanted big money for a used one that had been down on both sides.. :eek: I bought mine from a private party that had it on CL..:thumbup:

Yep thats the way to go bro. The dealers in Madison are RIDICULOUS!!! Have you been to Engelhart?? The only thing I buy from that place is oil and some OEM parts.

I also had kind of a bad experience with Road Track And Trail. They had a Red 2007 for sale with 2500 miles. Called them and asked if they would take my FZ1 on trade plus some cash. guy said sure just ride it down there. another two hour ride. im walking out the door and he call me and says the bike isn't running and needs a starter, he would call me back when it's fixed. Never herd from him again. Just my experience. though. I've herd a lot of good things about them.

paper

Multibike disorder..
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Yep.. There's a serious shortage of good dealerships.. I've been wandering in Englefarts for about 20 years.. I bought an air filter for my old Wing there.. That's it.. I've always felt better buying slightly used privately.. At least you can get a feel for how the bike was treated when you talk to the owner in person..

Yamma~Tiger

Reaction score
Visit site
How much did u get your's for If you don't mind me asking? just curious. also when did u buy it? Prices in this area fluctuate quite a lot based on the time of the year. There are some unbelievable deals to be had towards the end of the year.

paper

Multibike disorder..
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I think it was $3600 or $3400, can't remember.. Had 7K miles.. Came with aftermarket screen, heated grips, and full Givi bags.. Bought it in early September, or shortly after whenever I joined here..

SDC11312.jpg

paper

Multibike disorder..
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Very good deal. Thats what I paid plus you got over $500 in accessories basically for free....

Actually, double that.. The Givi set is almost a Grand by itself.. :eek: I was after a small sport touring bike with hard bags, and was lucky enough to find one already set up as I would have done.. :thumbup:

daletucker

Reaction score
Visit site
i went to a dealership to look at a used jeep wrangler on the lot. went inside to find someone and seen the bike sitting in the corner behind some 22 inch rims and tires. so i asked the guy and he said 2 grand, i said sold!!
2008 FZ6 $2000. Deal:BLAA:

m.donovan

Reaction score
Visit site
I was looking for a ninja650, had some bad luck at one dealership. I was waiting on a check from a loan so I couldn't put money down, while I was there someone came and bought the one I was looking at! Decided to go to another dealer to look around and see what they had. They only had brand new 2011's, I got approved for a loan but it was just much more than I was willing to take on as far as payments go. While we were waiting for the sales guy to do some paperwork for some other people, we walked around the place a bit more. Wife sees the fz6 and says, what's wrong with one like this? (This was my first bike so I didn't really know what I was looking for) I said Wow! Nothing! so, I decided to go with it. I'm so glad I did! Not only was it waaaay cheaper than the ninja, it was really a great decision in the end. I absolutely love it. Aside from the fact that I got seriously ripped off and payed way more than I should have for it I still am very happy with the purchase. According to me, the amount of fun I have with it and just how awesome it looks and behaves, I have no qualms paying what I did. Totally worth it. Aside from the fact they sold it to me with tires that are completely shot and so now I need to save up for new ones before I take it on the highway (the tires are really bad, dry rot and cracks, the back tire is more squared than round) I'm still happy with it!

agf

Go Naked- Its liberating
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Got my full licence August last year and had looked at the XJ6 and the FZ6 and wasnt sold on them. ( but didnt sit on them and obviously no test ride) Then went to Sth America for a couple of months and decided while I was away that upon my return, was going to upgrade. Started looking at Hondas (again, as thats what I have always ridden) Thought about Guzzis, nearly went down the cruiser road.Stopped in at Yamaha City only as it was the next bikeshop along on the way back to work, not really thinking about the bikes I had looked at 6 months earlier.
Sat on the Fz6, loved the ergonomics, just like a bigger version of the VTR250.
They had two FZ6n's both yellow and a red one with fairing. Put a deposit down two weeks later on the proviso that I liked the ride, took it out for a run and told them "That was a waste of time!!!!" didnt really need to ride it, it just felt right. But i was blown away by the ride. Then about a month later rode away. Best purchase yet.