Wheels

Timon

Reaction score
Visit site
I know most of you may not approve, but I had to try out the color to see how well I liked it before going to extreme measures and getting the PC work done.

I used about $25 worth of Plastidip. I started with a few coats of black and then used their gold metalizer. Personally, it looks awesome so far and I love how easy it was to pull it off the tires (Yes, I removed the wheels and rotors still).

I'll report back on how long they hold up. Please excuse the terrible 2 MP camera phone picture, but it's all I have at the moment. I'll get some better pictures later.

BEFORE:
SDC11997.jpg

AFTER:
Photo0490.jpg

visions

THAT guy
Reaction score
Visit site
Looks great! Almost the same
dark gold as the Yamaha wheels.

Did you have trouble with your rotor bolts? Mine we soft and I even broke one off in the wheel putting them back in

Timon

Reaction score
Visit site
Looks great! Almost the same
dark gold as the Yamaha wheels.

Did you have trouble with your rotor bolts? Mine we soft and I even broke one off in the wheel putting them back in

Yeah, I'm not very happy about the rotor bolts right now. I did end up stripping one bolt. I've never understood why they select low grade material on a bolt that they use blue or red loctite on. The bolts holding my plastics on are made of better quality than the rotor bolts.

Thanks for the compliments, at this point I'm more than likely going to be getting my wheels powder coated this winter to match the color. I'll just have to peel off the plasti dip from the wheels before sending them in.