wheelie anyone

DefyInertia

Former '04 FZ6 Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
there are "how to's" on youtube. start there.

ALSO:

search function

punctuation

you've been riding 7 months

i was going to respond to your other thread but could not understand what you were trying to say...

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
If I recall there is a pretty good thread on how to wheelie.

I like the 1st gear, roll off/roll on wheelies. About 6,500 roll off then roll it on fast and the front end will come right up! Kind a fun. Just keep the rear brake covered so you can bring the front down if you go too far back.

Just do it with no one around so you don't hit them. Oh and ATGATT!

SovietRobot

Scourge Of Humanity
Reaction score
Visit site
It's not what you're asking for but here I go.

Yes. It was completely unintentional and almost killed me.

It was when I was still learning and getting used to the clutch/throttle.
I was pulling away from a stop sign and accidently let out the clutch too early, but instead of the bike stalling, I grabbed a handful of throttle and before I knew it the bike was completely vertical and I was 100 feet past the intersection.
I was barely hanging on and I couldn't see anything, and thankfully I figured I should probably pull in the clutch, and when I slammed down I saw a parked car right infront of me so I managed to swerve and brake without hitting it or anything else.

:) :( :)

OZXJR

Super Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

I was pulling away from a stop sign and accidently let out the clutch too early, but instead of the bike stalling, I grabbed a handful of throttle and before I knew it the bike was completely vertical and I was 100 feet past the intersection.
I was barely hanging on and I couldn't see anything, and thankfully I figured I should probably pull in the clutch, and when I slammed down I saw a parked car right infront of me so I managed to swerve and brake without hitting it or anything else.

LOL,I did that same thing on my 1000rx...............120hp and me flapping in the breeze .

simonwb

Back in black
Reaction score
Visit site
Each to their own and I know some riders love 'em but personally, I don't see the attraction of pulling wheelies. I went on a wheelie school just to check it out, but all day bobbing the front wheel up and down on a Bandit 600 across a disused airfield didn't change my mind much. Anyway, the method we learnt was using the clutch: rolling forward slowly, clutch lever in, revs up to about 6k, dab the rear brake to compress the bike a tad and as it comes up, let go of the clutch lever. Practice each component separately until you can put them all together.

Last edited:

towa

Papa Smurf
Reaction score
Visit site
:rockon:

Would have like to have been there :rockon:

ozmodius

Reaction score
Visit site
I pulled my first wheelie just the other day... totally by accident, it was a rush.

Now don't get me wrong. I respect those who choose to pull wheelies and develop the skill to do it well. Although this is not for me, I'm 35, Overweight and out of shape. I do not plan on developing my wheelie skill, I just dont think its nessary to be a great rider, and I like my skin where it is.

With that said, my wheelie was simple... WOT in first .... as soon as it hit 11k. BAM!! the the front wheel jumps off the ground and totes it 2 -3 feet in the air till I shift off the rev limiter.

It scared the **** out of me... but I was more afraid of it causing a tank slapper when I came down.. thats why I took it to redline.

Overall it was pure adrenaline... but not my cup o' tea.

hedmisten

handegraphix.com
Reaction score
Visit site
For consistent wheelies, simply shift your weight to the middle of the bike(no tank hugging, use your thighs for grip), start in first(or second once you are comfortable) and find a straight path ahead of you.

Slowly ride, paying attention to where your weight is on the bike, and pull in the clutch halfway(to the disengage point), then release while giving a twist on the throttle. It will take practice so don't be disappointed. I can consistently pull a "safe" controlled wheelie through 3rd now after LOTS of practice.

YamahaMAXdRPMs

Jay- Tshirt Inventor Guy.
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
personally, i think everyone on two wheels should know how... for a few reasons

1. if you ever do it by accident, you know how to save yourself
2. for squids who want to learn, but dont know how, and just pop clutch/full throttle.
3. for people who are honestly interested it knowing, but their brain stops at that point and forgets to tell them not to do it on a public road for the first time...

Reaction score
Visit site
I would reccomend that you learn to left and right before you wheelie, it could be a matter of life and death, literally. And gear up for it. You only get one body, take care of it. I'm not trying to be negative. It's just friendly advice. You'll have more fun learning to handle your bike in the twisties. ANY fool can go fast in a straight line, it takes talent to cut the curves, GRUMPY

staticghost

FZ6 Fanatic
Reaction score
Visit site
Yeah I have the best lesson in pulling wheelie's.....DON'T DO IT...:spank: I see someone pull a wheelie...I say retarted fool. For what...to look cool. How cool you will look when you wipe out for showing off. Thats just me.

spamthefood

Reaction score
Visit site
I've been thinking about learning how to do it recently and after reading this I I'm definitely going to go find a parking lot to learn in this weekend.

bledubd

FZ6 Naked Epiphany
Reaction score
Visit site
I will pull wheelies when I lose about 2 stone. Its great to know how to do wheelies as has been said by YamahaMAXdRPMs coz there are a couple of time when I am commuting and you do pull small wheelies by mistake when taking off in the rush hour traffic.

KensFz6

Wreck in progress
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm thinking of learning how to do it so I'll know how to avoid doing it by mistake... does that sound strange? :don'tknow:

Last edited:

MarinaFazer

Wonderbread
Reaction score
www.jwci.org
I've done it once. that's enough. Got way high, buddy said it was the coolest thing...I didn't think so as I slammed back into the ground...the only wheelie for me is the power wheelie ;) ... :steve:

Sawblade

Hopped up on Mountain Dew
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I've done it accidentally a couple of times now. Twice while passing cars in first gear, and once when I popped the clutch while at 3/4 throttle in 2nd. Though they are fun, I'm not really riding for the wheelies.