What's YOUR "Honey-Do" list?

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Thought we could all share what our current project list is. Guys, what's your expected return for the wife? Wives, what's the list for your man?

After all I've done for and on the bike, I've let other stuff go. It's tough to "want" to do projects when you really want to be out riding! Now that my kids are almost all gone, one in two weeks and the other in a year, we are turning the house into something the two of us alone want to live in. When we got the place 9 years ago, we ordered on the cheap having three young teenagers who we KNEW would destroy the place. Well, they didn't let us down! So, we're now replacing the old with quality new stuff, trying to make each part of the remodel count in case we ever decide to sell and move.

Completed projects:
Dining room complete
Garage Complete (Except organization, see below)
New driveway complete (Need a LARGE snowblower now!!)
95% composite deck complete (Expensive but I won't be staining, painting, sanding or replacing anything in MY lifetime! :D )

Current "Honey-Do" List:
Living room remodel - In progress
Hardwood flooring - Waiting for carpet removal (See LR Remodel above)
Front Foyer - Tiling - Materials on hand but need to rip out a short wall (See LR Remodel above)
1st floor Bathroom - marble and new toilet is in! Need to refinish tub and shower and install new fancy medicine cabinet.
Kitchen - materials on hand for tiling, need to order new cabinets to install in the "eat-in" corner. After all is done, have new counter top and sink installed.
Basement Dry good pantry - Partial materials on hand
Outdoor patio/kitchen - Large fricken' hole dug, need gravel dumped and compacted then concrete work completed.
Mailbox replacement - onhand, replacing tonight
Sprinkler system install - first above ground wet run unsuccessful. Need to subdivide into 4 separate zones. More parts on Wednesday.
Garage organization - two year old garage and still have not installed the workbench or all the Gladiator wall racks yet. Now I have a new 1300 lb hoist to install.
Bike Trailer - Got the Haulmaster wheel chocks, just need a trailer! :D
Driveway seal coat - bought all the stuff this weekend but need a couple guaranteed good days to seal. Need to park the bikes at the neighbor's place for that time.
Stairway - remove carpet and install Oak treads to second floor, tile risers, oak flooring at top landing.
Outdoor stairs - remove crap set and build larger landing with stairs (All composite to match the deck) going down to left AND right (to patio)
Relocate HWBB heater - See next item.
Door to deck - New living room (used to be son's bedroom) needs a door to deck.
(Forgot one!) MBR Closets - framed and rocked, need to put oak fascia and trim on and build out drawers and entertainment/TV shelves in the center

And two more!
I need to expand the new garage by adding a 10'x24' addition on the side facing the woods to move all the lawn, garden and deck furniture into which will also be the winter home for the motorcycles. (Tight squeeze in the garage for the winter as it stands)

Build out the other half of the basement to create a hallway to the guest room, a new laundry room and enclose the utilities in their own unfinished space.

Now, I've got to find some time to ride too. :p :eek:

BTW, FREE BEER to anyone coming by to help! :thumbup:

Last edited:
Wow, you have alot going on. We are currently converting our garage to a master bedroom with bathroom. The boyz cleaned the garage a few weeks ago, now our bikes are in the shed, and the garden tools are in the basement. The room just got framed out, but the windows look fantastic. A total of 7 windows in the bedroom, 2 windows and a door in the hallway to the bedroom.. the dogs wake up at the crack now.. now they will not miss a thing. By Wednesday morning we have to strip the entire front of the house of the shingles, and have them cleaned up. We just got notice of that today, we both work hehe, gonna be a couple late nights. I still have to get my inspection sticker on my bike :( oh well... I don't think they will tag me with a ticket. but I have to do it before vacation.

Good luck, keep us posted, you have alot of good things going on.

Boo

Wow, you have alot going on. We are currently converting our garage to a master bedroom with bathroom. The boyz cleaned the garage a few weeks ago, now our bikes are in the shed, and the garden tools are in the basement. The room just got framed out, but the windows look fantastic. A total of 7 windows in the bedroom, 2 windows and a door in the hallway to the bedroom.. the dogs wake up at the crack now.. now they will not miss a thing. By Wednesday morning we have to strip the entire front of the house of the shingles, and have them cleaned up. We just got notice of that today, we both work hehe, gonna be a couple late nights. I still have to get my inspection sticker on my bike :( oh well... I don't think they will tag me with a ticket. but I have to do it before vacation.

Good luck, keep us posted, you have alot of good things going on.

Boo

Thanks! Sounds like a GREAT project for you! Does this mean you're getting a new garage at some point too?

Don't you just LOVE code enforcement? I'm doing all my inside stuff without permits. Since I've never let them into the house to evaluate the place, they don't know what is new and what isn't. I wish I could have done that for the deck and garage! :D

Good luck! Take lots of pics!!

if you pay the plane ticket and my salary for a week...I can help out :D you just better hope the Sox aren't on! You know i dont get NESN down here in FL! (But my hometown is bidding on getting them here for spring training, pray for me!) :p

if you pay the plane ticket and my salary for a week...I can help out :D you just better hope the Sox aren't on! You know i dont get NESN down here in FL! (But my hometown is bidding on getting them here for spring training, pray for me!) :p

Ride the bike up. :thumbup:

Beer and NESN HD is your salary. ;)

Most projects have access to the 50" HD screen! :D

Oh man...

1) Clean out shed, add shelving
2) Fill shed with motorcycle and bicycle stuff
3) Remove carpeting from living room
4) Float living room floor
5) Install hard wood floors
6) Remove and install new attic, folding ladder
7) Repair soffet and facia
8) caulk and paint house

I need a beer just from thinking about it... :(

We did pull permits for the conversion.. we moved our shed from the back of the house closer to the main road, for easy access for the bikes.. 3 days later, the building inspector writes a letter.. I drove by and saw you had a shed put up.. the thing had been in the back yard for 3 years. grrrr. well he could have fined us, but it will cost us $35 for the permits, we live in historic so some silly jack*** with too much time on his hands, gave a call to the town. Funny thing is, when my hubby called the inspector about what to do about the shed permit, he had no clue we were doing anything to the garage. There were piles of shingles on the side of it and in the back yard. Hard to miss lol Anyway, after we convert the garage, we will be putting up a really big garage, gotta have a 10 foot lift (or something like that) and hopefully an in-law apartment. That is after the kitchen though.. he says I don't use the kitchen that much.... but I promised after the kitchen is nice I will cook hehe. The kitchen has not been done since 1973, gold/brown you get the jist.. who wants to be in that room. We are taking pics.. I will post some once we get more progress.

That's ironic Boo... when we were preparing for the garage, we had a neighbor call the town after we had removed some trees and started having loads of dirt hauled in to fill the area for the garage. She said "We were building without a permit." So, they had to come out and have a look then inform her that we don't need a permit for sand and tree cutting. There's no DOUBT in our mind who it was because one of her deck-drunk-ons a few weeks later, she told us just how she felt about us building a garage within "her view" and how upset she was that she didn't have a say in the matter. THEN, she got the town on our backs about the driveway (completely within the boundries) saying it would drain all of our rain and put all the snow on her lawn. Town again told her, nothing they can do with an approved plan.

So, now when she's out on the deck, I make it a habit to go open both garage doors (Facing her backyard and deck) and start working with tools with the radio at a "reasonable volume" :D I'm HOPING they just up and move!

Thought we could all share what our current project list is. Guys, what's your expected return for the wife? Wives, what's the list for your man?

After all I've done for and on the bike, I've let other stuff go. It's tough to "want" to do projects when you really want to be out riding! Now that my kids are almost all gone, one in two weeks and the other in a year, we are turning the house into something the two of us alone want to live in. When we got the place 9 years ago, we ordered on the cheap having three young teenagers who we KNEW would destroy the place. Well, they didn't let us down! So, we're now replacing the old with quality new stuff, trying to make each part of the remodel count in case we ever decide to sell and move.

Completed projects:
Dining room complete
Garage Complete (Except organization, see below)
New driveway complete (Need a LARGE snowblower now!!)
95% composite deck complete (Expensive but I won't be staining, painting, sanding or replacing anything in MY lifetime! :D )

Current "Honey-Do" List:
Living room remodel - In progress
Hardwood flooring - Waiting for carpet removal (See LR Remodel above)
Front Foyer - Tiling - Materials on hand but need to rip out a short wall (See LR Remodel above)
1st floor Bathroom - marble and new toilet is in! Need to refinish tub and shower and install new fancy medicine cabinet.
Kitchen - materials on hand for tiling, need to order new cabinets to install in the "eat-in" corner. After all is done, have new counter top and sink installed.
Basement Dry good pantry - Partial materials on hand
Outdoor patio/kitchen - Large fricken' hole dug, need gravel dumped and compacted then concrete work completed.
Mailbox replacement - onhand, replacing tonight
Sprinkler system install - first above ground wet run unsuccessful. Need to subdivide into 4 separate zones. More parts on Wednesday.
Garage organization - two year old garage and still have not installed the workbench or all the Gladiator wall racks yet. Now I have a new 1300 lb hoist to install.
Bike Trailer - Got the Haulmaster wheel chocks, just need a trailer! :D
Driveway seal coat - bought all the stuff this weekend but need a couple guaranteed good days to seal. Need to park the bikes at the neighbor's place for that time.
Stairway - remove carpet and install Oak treads to second floor, tile risers, oak flooring at top landing.
Outdoor stairs - remove crap set and build larger landing with stairs (All composite to match the deck) going down to left AND right (to patio)
Relocate HWBB heater - See next item.
Door to deck - New living room (used to be son's bedroom) needs a door to deck.
(Forgot one!) MBR Closets - framed and rocked, need to put oak fascia and trim on and build out drawers and entertainment/TV shelves in the center

Now, I've got to find some time to ride too. :p :eek:

Mate you call that a list, jeez your wife is soft on you lol.

Nelly

I'm single, so my honey-do list is whatever I tell myself to do.

Here's what I've gotten done in the past month.

Tear down the pirate ship in my backyard.
Convert pirate ship lumber into shelves for the shed.
Organize shed.
Put in a vegetable garden.
Haul away large pile of old lumber and trash that was behind shed.
Build a new computer.
Install a Jacuzzi tub in the downstairs bathroom.

Here's the current list.

Fix leak in the overflow of the Jacuzzi tub.
Install cement board and tile around the tub.
Make a tiled skirt for the tub, with soundproofing and access panels to get to the motor and other bits.
Finish machining crank trigger wheel for the turbo bike project.
Make new exhaust headers, intake, intercooler, etc for same.
Rewire same.
Make, sell and distribute tank props for forum members (I haven't forgotten!)
Take my pocketbike and make it into a chopper, with a $39.50 budget, in time for the ROT rally next week.
Finish insulating and drywalling the garage/workshop.
Mow the lawn.
Clean the house.
Sleep

Fred

That's ironic Boo... when we were preparing for the garage, we had a neighbor call the town after we had removed some trees and started having loads of dirt hauled in to fill the area for the garage. She said "We were building without a permit." So, they had to come out and have a look then inform her that we don't need a permit for sand and tree cutting. There's no DOUBT in our mind who it was because one of her deck-drunk-ons a few weeks later, she told us just how she felt about us building a garage within "her view" and how upset she was that she didn't have a say in the matter. THEN, she got the town on our backs about the driveway (completely within the boundries) saying it would drain all of our rain and put all the snow on her lawn. Town again told her, nothing they can do with an approved plan.

So, now when she's out on the deck, I make it a habit to go open both garage doors (Facing her backyard and deck) and start working with tools with the radio at a "reasonable volume" :D I'm HOPING they just up and move!
Revenge, a dish best served cold..........................:sinister:

Thanks Nelly. I vowed to do whatever I can to pi$$ her off without breaking any laws. Thus far, it is working great! I think she's jealous because I'm a guy who does EVERYTHING and her husband cannot manage to turn on the hose without screwing something up! Suffice to say, they ALWAYS have contractor's at their house. :D

Only thing on my list right now is finish grad school.

I'm sure that there is another secret list filled with projects but for now the aforementioned is all I hear about. My baby likes to keep me focused on one thing at a time!!

I'm single, so my honey-do list is whatever I tell myself to do.

Here's what I've gotten done in the past month.

Tear down the pirate ship in my backyard...
Okay, I have to say it:
:needpics:
That's kinda like saying "Bury the bodies still in my basement" :p

Like Fred, I'm single. I really only have two biggies to do this summer: paint under the eaves all around the house (my back hurts just thinking about it) and figure out my *&#%^! weed trimmer, I've tried loading cord separately and also installing a spool of pre-wound cord, neither works (and I'm reasonably mech. adept, or at least I used to be). :(

b4727a3a6d572ahms_wtf.jpg

Thanks Nelly. I vowed to do whatever I can to pi$$ her off without breaking any laws. Thus far, it is working great! I think she's jealous because I'm a guy who does EVERYTHING and her husband cannot manage to turn on the hose without screwing something up! Suffice to say, they ALWAYS have contractor's at their house. :D

That is awesome, I am sure she is jealous. She is probably jealous that you are such a caring guy to do all the work yourself for your family.

We know the neighbor that ratted us out too, he is on the historic board.. but you'd think that they would just be happy that we are doing the improvements. We rented the house before we bought it.. the front yard was basically all pine trees, couldn't even see through to the house (I miss that some) We cut them all down planted a beautiful lawn, put in an irrigation system and have done nothing but improve the property, yet, one move of an 8x12 shed causes them to make a call to the town inspector.

But seriously, I/we don't have honey do lists.. we have a discussion about what needs to be done.. and of course he does all the 'boy' work, but I do whatever I can, even if that means cooking him a hot meal lol I'll try to find some photos and post them

Boo

Back