What's better than an FZ6?

Mart Man FZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
P4060005.jpg

Simple. Two FZ6's.

P4060002.jpg

P4060001.jpg

The wife and kids bought me the red FZ6 for Fathers Day last year. I couldn't get her to go for a ride on any of my sport bikes in the past. I took the daughter for a ride, and she told the wife it was even more comfy than my last Harley was. So, she went for her first ride, and I never heard the end of when can I ride your bike....... Well, my birthday is this Saturday and I told her that the blue from '07 was actually my favorite color, but I got the red because she liked it. So she said why don't you get a blue one for your birthday!!! I made a phone call and they had one '07 in blue left. I said sold. So now the wife has taken over the red one, and I get to start breaking in a new bike. I had almost 6300 miles on the red one, and was sure surprised at how much different the brakes felt on the new bike. I've also noticed that the old red one gets way better gas mileage too. I knoocked down consistant 55 MPG on trips with the red one. I've been getting just better than 40 MPG with the blue one. I'll have see if it gets better after the first service.

Just thought I'd share my excitement. Whooo Hooooo

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
P4060005.jpg

Simple. Two FZ6's.

P4060002.jpg

P4060001.jpg

The wife and kids bought me the red FZ6 for Fathers Day last year. I couldn't get her to go for a ride on any of my sport bikes in the past. I took the daughter for a ride, and she told the wife it was even more comfy than my last Harley was. So, she went for her first ride, and I never heard the end of when can I ride your bike....... Well, my birthday is this Saturday and I told her that the blue from '07 was actually my favorite color, but I got the red because she liked it. So she said why don't you get a blue one for your birthday!!! I made a phone call and they had one '07 in blue left. I said sold. So now the wife has taken over the red one, and I get to start breaking in a new bike. I had almost 6300 miles on the red one, and was sure surprised at how much different the brakes felt on the new bike. I've also noticed that the old red one gets way better gas mileage too. I knoocked down consistant 55 MPG on trips with the red one. I've been getting just better than 40 MPG with the blue one. I'll have see if it gets better after the first service.

Just thought I'd share my excitement. Whooo Hooooo
I must be drunk and seeing double..........................but to answer your question two lol

Scorphonic

No Man is an Ireland.
Reaction score
Visit site
My granny used to say that if I played with myself I'd go blind...thats rubbish...now I can safely say that if I had two FZ6's I'd go blind...JUST LOOK AT THEM GLISTEN IN THE CALIFORNIAN SUN!!! YUMMY!!

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
congrats on the double bike! sounds like you are on your way to having the full FZ Collection, next you will have to find a creative way to ask for the new blue and black ones...

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
The reason why the blue bike get worse mileage is because it goes faster than the red, thus it burns up more fuel.

schleppy

Reaction score
Visit site
I've always read that newer engines tend to get worse gas mileage because they're not fully broken in yet. I found that to be true on my SV, and my truck. The mileage improved quite a bit in the first 5-10k miles.

Numpty

Reaction score
Visit site
Man you are one lucky bugger to be able to have a choice in what colour to take for a spin.

Welcome and enjoy them BOTH :rockon:

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
The gas mileage will improve for sure! I got 36 mpg on my first tank on my '05, then 40 on the second tank, 43 on the third tank, 45 on the forth, 48 on the fifth then is gradually increased over the next few tanks to 50 +/- 2 depending on how much throttle I gave it over the course of a tank.

Congrats on getting the new one! More congrats for getting your wife involved and riding with you! Biggest congrats for TWO FZ6's!!!!

My wife is too small a woman to handle an FZ6 but she does ride. She has an '06 Suzuki Boulevard S40 and has a blast on it! I'm working hard to get her on something bigger though because this little 650 thumper, while a great starter for a small woman, is not the choice ride for trips!

Nice to see another spoiled man! (I just sold my '05 and bought an '08!)

Mart Man FZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
good times!!! How do you like the Pilot Roads?

I actually like the tire a lot. Only got the rear because I picked up a nail when the bike only had 1100 miles on it. I didn't want to toss a perfectly good front tire. The service manager said the Pilot Road would work well with the stock front, and I've put about 5400 miles on the bike with this tire set-up and I love it.

ecurb

Reaction score
Visit site
Awesome! That's the first chance I've had to look at the blue and red together. I got the slow red one myself, but might have opt'd for fast blue if I had seen them side by side. Congrats on the new bike, and the wife with such an excellent understanding of how to make a guy happy!:rockon:

Botch

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S!!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Congrats! Now, all you need are TWO sets of M4 cans, one in Ti for the blue one, and one in CF for the red one! Hurry, you only have six days to get in on the group buy! :Sport:

fastar1

Reaction score
Visit site
The red one TOTALLY whips the blue one's ass.

:spank:

Sorry to bring up an old thread, did a google pic search and had to comment :)

Last edited: