What's a uk FZ6 worth

andysadd

Reaction score
Visit site
Evening all

So after 4years I'm wanting to move on to a bigger bike and it's time for the FZ6 to have a new owner I'm sad to see it go but I don't have space for 2 bikes. My dilemma is just how much is it worth?

It's in near perfect condition 2009 with 5800 miles on it, serviced every year, polished every week, no scratches, never dropped pretty much standard other than an mra touring screen, lowered pegs and a givi rack. Oh and a set of heated hand grips.

On trade in I was offered silly prices but I'm sure it's worth more it's taxed and mot

What's a good price? Once I have a realistic idea I'll get it in the auto trader and eBay

Thanks in advance

Andy

Last edited:

Carlos840

Reaction score
Visit site
How about you check online what they go for?

They seem to be going for anything in between £2500 and £4500.

Carlos840

Reaction score
Visit site
In the end it just comes down to you, the lower you go the quicker it will sell.

Looking at the adds i notice that the ones in the £4000 have been online for ages and are quite obviously not selling at that price.

I bought my bike which is also a 2009 with 5500 miles at the time, for 4300 euros, which comes to about £3600. Keep in mind that bikes are usually a bit cheaper in the UK.

One thing i have noticed is that add ons usually don't help the value much and that people who asked for more money because they have lowered pegs, radiator grills, etc don't get their asking price. The only exception to that seem to be exhausts.
Add ons are only worth it to a buyer if he wanted to buy them in the first place. I personally would not care for lowered pegs and a box as they are useless to me, all i care about is the bike.

There seem to be a lot of bikes like yours at dealers in between £3000 and £3500.
IMO people usually expect to pay less in private sales since they have no warranty of any kind so i would say maybe start at £3200 ish if you are not in a hurry or at £2700 if you really want to sell fast.

That's what i would do.

2009 YAMAHA FZ6 FAZER S2 | eBay

Yamaha FZ6 FAZER S2 ***** REDUCED ***** | eBay

Yamaha FZ6 FAZER S2 !!! 1 OWNER ONLY 9000 MILES !!! | eBay

This one for example has been on sale since i bought mine (exactly the same model) which was in May!

Yamaha FZ6 S2 2010 Fazer | eBay

odachi13

Reaction score
Visit site
Looking at autotrader (biketrader), they start at around £2500 for the same year but with spotty history and more miles. Your condition is around £4000 from a dealer, so I'd probably say £3200 with letting the guy get a 'good deal' at £3k.