What would you do in my shoes with these tire options??

Goop

Chips & Dip
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I wish you had stepped in earlier LOL. My shop was going to do the front and rear bt023 installed with tax out the door for $300 even. Buts its ok maybe on my next set, this should last me a good awhile if what everyone says is true about them.

Which shop is this? Not bad $.

going going.....gone

Reaction score
Visit site
Did it really make a huge difference going to a bigger size? I asked the shop guy about doing that and he said its mainly for looks

I found the bigger tyre felt better through corners and I could get my knee down and feel confident doing so. I understand that pr2/3 may last longer but I payed £20 for my front and £80 for my rear so £100 Inc fitting and the guy that does it comes to me in his van. The £100 Tyres last me 6-8 weeks of hard riding but if I take it gentle I can make them last 6months. I'll put it to you all the next tyre I fit a pirelli angel 190/50 or pr3 190/50 and let you all know how it's going and ultemently how long it lasts. Dan

Last edited:

dxh24

Ambitious But Rubbish
Reaction score
Visit site
Unless you are a professional track racer you will never outride the grip on the pr 2 tires and they last a hell of a lot longer. i live in the mountains and everywhere i go there are curves and the pr 2's work great.

What if i like to "pretend" i'm a professional track racer, and make vrroooommm! noises when i'm not moving, even if the bike is off?! :D

08fz6

Make no excuses!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
images

The 3208 is the date stamp.

CDE

Reaction score
Visit site
I just got the Michelin PR3's and love em. They were 50 cheaper than the BT 23's (at cost) so I went with them.

BUT you already got tires so this post is useless!! :cheer:

chomorro

Reaction score
Visit site
images

The 3208 is the date stamp.

Thats exactly what i needed thanks for the pic.

My new tire is 5110 My old front tire is 1910. So my new tire isnt that much newer apparently...... Are you supposed to look at these before you buy tires?

C

CoolATIGuy

Thats exactly what i needed thanks for the pic.

My new tire is 5110 My old front tire is 1910. So my new tire isnt that much newer apparently...... Are you supposed to look at these before you buy tires?

Only if you want a "new" tire that hasn't sat on the shelf for wayyy too long...same reason I grab milk from the back of the grocer's freezer. ;)