What to bring on a motorcycle trip???

nlheikki

2009 Buell XB12Scg
Reaction score
Visit site
I will be heading on a bike trip for the weekend tomorrow......Any suggestions on what I need/what is nice to have? I will be gone for 3 days and will be camping.

Thanks,
Nick

DefyInertia

Former '04 FZ6 Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
cash, credit card, phone, small first aid kit, and tire repair kit....everything beyond that is just gravy.

don't foget your camera though!

phxtravis

Reaction score
Visit site
monkey_logo.jpg

Denver_FZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
There's a recent thread on touring equipment with some great suggestions:

Touring Tips

Regarding patch kit, what are we talking about? Just something to plug the tire until it can be replaced/repaired correctly? I've patched plenty of bicycle tubes, but never patched a tubeless tire.

Matthew

lonesoldier84

SuperFlanker Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
what i pack:

critical elements:

- pressure gauge
- high-visibility traffic vest (in case get caught at night or in torrential downpour)
- 2L water
- maps
- clear visor

main stuff:

- eye drops (like visine or something)
- snacks
- condoms
- lube
- gum, gum, and more gum

nlheikki

2009 Buell XB12Scg
Reaction score
Visit site
what i pack:

critical elements:

- pressure gauge
- high-visibility traffic vest (in case get caught at night or in torrential downpour)
- 2L water
- maps
- clear visor

main stuff:

- eye drops (like visine or something)
- snacks
- condoms
- lube
- gum, gum, and more gum

HAHA, almost forgot the lube. Thanks for reminding me.:thumbup:

Tailgate

Reaction score
Visit site
If you can find one---the really small travel size chain lube cans are nice. You know, small enough to even fit into your pocket. Too bad the FZ6 doesn't have automatic chain lube or something. The elastic web that came with my Axio tailbag worked great for adding stuff on top of the tailbag. If it hadn't been for that I wouldn't have had a way to transport a 2000 firecraker brick and a package of M22's that they sell in Nevada (can't find these in CA).

moo cow

Reaction score
Visit site
i alway bring a base layer when heading to the mtns. you may not need it, but it can get cold even in the summer when you least expect it. nothing worse than being cold!!!

Y

yukon_alex

How about a passenger of whatever sex floats your boat? :thumbup:Nothing like sqeezing two bodies into one sleeping bag at the end of a days' ride! Gives you someone to talk to as you relax in the evenings too!:D

Y

yukon_alex

I think you're on the wrong forum.

Which forum should I be on? Any suggestions?

What I meant was (with tongue firmly planted in cheek) it is always nice to share the ride with someone you enjoy being around.

lonesoldier84

SuperFlanker Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
dont worry bout him, he's just grumpy he doesnt have a fembot to bring along with him.

P.S. so am i. :(

steveindenmark

Older Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I think you're on the wrong forum.

I think he is in the right forum and has the right idea.

Touring solo on a bike can be as boring as hell. It is much nicer to share your experiences with your other half rather then leaving them at home and trying to explain your own tavels when you get home.

My partner travelled on the back of me all over Denmark, Sweden and Germany last year. Next month it will be Germany, Holland, Belgium and France.

My other advice for travelling would be a travel towel. It takes up much less space then a normal towel and dries at hell of a rate. You can get hand size and bath size.

I also have international breakdown cover which gets me and the bike home if the worse happens.

Steve