What the Hell is E on the 06 FZ6?

kcrunch1

Reaction score
Visit site
Okay I have a 06 FZ6 I bought 3 months ago and when I scroll through the menu display it goes: Trip 1, Trip 2, E, Odometer.

Does anyone know what the hell E is? It seems to be followed by the numbers that change as it's idling 1600-1800.

Confused:confused::confused:

sxty8goats

Reaction score
Visit site
E if I remember correctly is a digital tach.

When you get to 'reserve' your gage cluster will automaticly switch to "F" (again if I remember correctly) which will clock the miles traveled once you hit 'reserve' I think you have @ 20 miles or more on the reserve.

alfagama

Reaction score
Visit site
Can I say RTFM :ban:

E is the tachometer, 1600 - 1800 rpms

Here is an extract of the manual, page 3-6 (20/90)
Pushing the “SELECT” button switches
the display between the odometer
mode “ODO” and the tripmeter modes
“TRIP 1” and “TRIP 2” (“TRIP F”) and
the tachometer “E” in the following order:
ODO → TRIP 1 → TRIP 2 → (TRIP F)
→ E → ODO
When the fuel amount in the fuel tank
decreases to 3.6 L (0.95 US gal) (0.79
Imp.gal), the bottom segment of the
fuel meter will start flashing, and the
odometer display will automatically
change to the fuel reserve tripmeter
mode “TRIP F” and start counting the
distance traveled from that point. In that
case, pushing the “SELECT” button
switches the display between the various
tripmeter and odometer modes in
the following order:
TRIP F → E → ODO → TRIP 1 → TRIP
2 → TRIP F

CCHOUSEKY

Kentucky Wildcat Fanatic
Reaction score
Visit site
I've got a '06 too, and I always keep it set to the "E" so I can quickly see where my tach is. Why? Because the digital tach SUCKS and you can't see it at a glance, so this makes it easier to know what RPM you're at.

FWIW, I've never had mine actually roll over to the "F" and show me how many miles until empty. I guess I've just never ran the fuel down that low...lol.

sxty8goats

Reaction score
Visit site
I've got a '06 too, and I always keep it set to the "E" so I can quickly see where my tach is. Why? Because the digital tach SUCKS and you can't see it at a glance, so this makes it easier to know what RPM you're at.

FWIW, I've never had mine actually roll over to the "F" and show me how many miles until empty. I guess I've just never ran the fuel down that low...lol.

I rarely look at the digital "E" tach. I don't need that accuracy and I can see the sweep/digital tach just fine. To be honest, the only time I use the tach at all is when I'm learning a new RPM range (IE hearing the tone of a new pipe at one of three basic riding modes). Once I learn the tone, I pretty much shift by ear.

kcrunch1

Reaction score
Visit site
FYI if your in "E" and you hold down reset it will display the intake temp.:thumbup:

Oh cool didn't know that.

The manual is out there somewhere for download. My bike didn't have a manual either but I DL'd a PDF:

First thing I did search for a DL manual. No go. Reason why I'm here asking. Nice to know it's floating around out there somewhere though.