What SIZE is your helmet? and brand and model?

What SIZE is your helmet? model and brand would be nice to know as well

• Small

Votes: 8 5.9%
  • Medium

Votes: 34 25.0%
  • Large

Votes: 53 39.0%
  • XLarge

Votes: 31 22.8%
  • XXLarge

Votes: 6 4.4%
  • XXXLarge

Votes: 4 2.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

CHEMIKER

Running Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I wear an HJC CL-SP size S and really like it. The fit is good in general but started to feel too loose after about 500 miles. Now I'm thinking about changing to an XS. Just can't figure out how such a small head can fit such an enormous brain...

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Scorpion EXO 700 size medium. It's a bit noisy, and for some reason, my eyes starts to water at times with the shield down. It's about 14 months old now, I've worn it everyday since I've ridden my bike every single day since I've gotten my bike. This thread has got me thinking about purchasing a new helmet. I only paid around $150 for my helmet, I purchased it from the dealership when I got my bike. Not as fortunate as other riders who have gotten their helmets thrown in for free when they bought their bikes.

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I have an Australian Brand helmet, by RJays, it's called a GP1, great helmet, quiet, great ventilation, nice look & shape, removal & washable liner, full Fibreglass construction, light, and a good, comy snug fit, that aint too hard to get on or off, without ripping your ears off!, tool - less visor removal, and only $220, which is extremely cheap in oz for a helmet with these specs.

Here's a pic.

boo68

I'm a girl dammit!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I actually wear an xs although I selected s because that was the smallest to vote. I wear an HJC CL-15 here it is for ya, very comfy noise isn't too bad. I had a cl12 initially that is much louder. Have a great day!

BooBear:thumbup:

mastakilla

Reaction score
Visit site
I have a Schubert S1 in size Large, and I love it. It was pretty expensive (about €500 which is about $750) but it's awesome. Very quiet and comfortable inside, it has a built-in sunscreen, and extra chin protection. Wouldn't trade it in for nuttin!!

ENSU3

Reaction score
Visit site
I wear a Icon Rubatone Mainframe helmet in Large. It's like a flat black color but the texture feels like rubber. It's different but I like it a lot! It meets the U.S. DOT and Snell standards.

0101_24.jpg

Last edited:

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Does anyone own the new HJC FS-10 model with the sun visor built-in like the EXO-1000? The stealerships here sell them for $249 - $269 but New Enough sells them for $189 - $193. If you own one, can you please give us a rating? Thanx!!

08fz6

Make no excuses!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

Epic Ed

Reaction score
Visit site
My Akuma Stealth just arrived yesterday. I decided to pick the szie based on the ordering size chart on their website, and my large fits fairly well. The shop actually received a medium and a larger -- mine being the large.

First impressions on appearance are great. The design is phenomenal and and it looks very sharp. One of the reasons I ordered an Akuma was because of the high visibility LEDs in the back of the helmet, and the Stealth model has a white LED in the front. These features work great and are nice to have.

My initial impression on fit and quality of materials isn't as good. I bought a cheap Seven-0-Seven brand helmet (not a vrand I'd ever heard of, but they sell it at CycleGear) to get me through until the Akuma arrived, and that $100 helmet actually fits me better and feels nicer than the Akuma. The headliner material in the Akuma is scratchy, the ear and cheek foam areas aren't very well filled out and aren't as comfortable, and the chin strap sucks. Instead of a snap to secure the tail of the chin strap it has a patch of cheap velcroe, the fixed end of which isn't sewn on worth a crap and I'm sure I'll need to restitch it this weekend. Not to mention, the edge overlaps the comfort foam guard and scratches my neck.

When I was trying on helmets to find one that I liked, I tested every model I could find. The Akuma was one I couldn't find anywhere and bought it based on owner feedback. At a cost of $400 I wish I had just bought a Nolan or an Arai.

Ed

Last edited:

MarineMom

Reaction score
Visit site
I, like Keira have a small head. XXS Shoei RF-1000. I've had several HJCs and a Scorpion EXO 700 and had to cope with 'break-in' and the HJCs had a tendency to end up stretching and being too big over time. I ended up with the Shoei out of desperation, I had to have a helmet that day....mine went home with my daughter's friend and disappeared(temporarily), I tried on several helmets dealer had in stock and my size wasn't available in what I wanted. I never bought an expensive helmet before and really didn't want to spend a ton. This helmet was on clearance so I got a really great deal, they changed the cheekpads on the spot to make a semi-custom fit and the shell is sized, not just the interior. I will never buy another lower budget helmet, it is worth every penny I paid, 100% comfort right out of the box, light, very well vented. I thought I knew comfortable before, this is awesome, and it takes about 30sec. to get visor off and back on without tools, easier than Scorpion. I also added pinlock visor and it is great with only one minor drawback, the exterior part of pins cause a slight whistle depending on head position.
rf1000_flutter_tc7.jpg

DrummerBoy83

Reaction score
Visit site
I have a medium HJC CL-15. With a Matte black finish, and the outline of a skull and some bones on the back. I love the Matte black though.

lonesoldier84

SuperFlanker Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Icon Airframe Full Face Helmet - Solid Gloss Black - Read Reviews and Buy at KneeDraggers.com

comes in up to XXXL

736183f190ba3f1799515d0b743f5d82_rough.jpg

edit: haha it insterted that "buy at kneedraggers" thing from copy pasting link. clever buggers.
but ya, brilliant helmet. its the new line from the chaps at icon. it gets amazing venting and looks sexy. plus the sides of the visors have these little clips so the helmet has a nice finished look to it. also available in the flat matte rubatone black styling

Last edited:

devol

Reaction score
Visit site
I just bought my Scorpion EXO-1000 in Large today. I like the overall fit and for the price of $320 it had both the helmetpump and retractable sunvisor features built into it. :thumbup: