What is this part and where does it go ?! ?!

bigTITO

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello All-
I just got my first FZ6 two days ... Stoked! I've had many bikes, but this is the most modern and . . . wow . . . really looking forward to getting to know this sweet babe.
'08 model with about 5.3k miles - Really great condition - Wonderfully maintained - Stock except a few things: s/s braided brake lines, k&n air filter, gel battery . . . dual-compound tires!

Okay, so I removed the complete front cowling today because I am loading it in my Chevy Astro to haul to NC (bought in IN) and need to lower overall height of bike.
Removed main (2) hex bolts at steering column, (2) small allen, and (2) grouped wiring connectors. . .pretty easy except the one wiring connector with o-rings: that thing was tough!

Alright, this little rubber piece (damper, space, ?) fell off and we can not figure out where it came from. Looked at parts diagrams and couldn't find it there, either.

Does anyone know what this is and where it goes?
IMG_6652.JPG

We made a pretty cool little mount-in jig for the van today for use in hauling motorcycles. I will post some pictures of it tomorrow.

Thanks!

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Part #5, at the end of the battery cable, POSSIBLY??

Mines red, flexible over the positive, possibly for the negative?

If so, it would simply slip over the cable, then over the terminal(once bolted to the battery)..

With the replacement of the battery, it could have very well fell into the cowling at that time..

Yamaha Motorcycle Parts 2008 FZ6 - FZS6XCL ELECTRICAL 2 Diagram

Last edited:

zixaq

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
It's entirely possible that this is just something someone dropped in the motorcycle and got stuck somewhere for a while.

The first time I took my plastics off I found a pencil and an outlet-USB adapter rattling around inside.

Botch

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S!!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
It's entirely possible that this is just something someone dropped in the motorcycle and got stuck somewhere for a while.

The first time I took my plastics off I found a pencil and an outlet-USB adapter rattling around inside.

Heh, I found this on the ground under my GS (dime included for size comparison) and was racking my brain trying to figure out what it was, it looked vaguely familiar:

_DSC0093_2.jpg

It's a striking wheel from a damn cigarette lighter, must've stuck to my shoe or a tire....

No clue what your item is TITO, but I doubt it's part of a Bic. ;)

Attachments

• _DSC0093_2.jpg
    _DSC0093_2.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 17
Last edited: