What SIZE is your helmet? and brand and model?

What SIZE is your helmet? model and brand would be nice to know as well

• Small

Votes: 8 5.9%
  • Medium

Votes: 34 25.0%
  • Large

Votes: 53 39.0%
  • XLarge

Votes: 31 22.8%
  • XXLarge

Votes: 6 4.4%
  • XXXLarge

Votes: 4 2.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jfz6

Not Here Enough
Premium Member
Reaction score
web.mac.com
I have a HUGE noggin and I am trying to find a new helmet as I hit my head when I wrecked my bike. I know there are a lot of helmet threads but no one lists the size they are wearing.

GEICO is paying for it so cost does not matter.

I have tried on every full faced and nodular helmet at every shop - seriously- in the Birmingham area and I am scared to order one off the net because I do not know the return policies.

I have a Fulmer Modus in matte black XXXL that is a modular helmet and after the wreck when I pop open the front it will not stay open.

I am trying to find a XXXL that will fit my stupid big head!

Any feedback will be helpful.

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I have an XL Suomy Ventura, this fits like A large HJC, i know this because i have an XL HJC that fit when i got it, then it got too big, but the Suomy has been the correct size got over a year, even though it felt snug when i got it.

Moral of the story is to get one a little snug because it will break in.

H

HavBlue

Size can change even within the same helmet manufacturers line. I wear a large in some lines and medium in others but I do like a tight comfortable fit.

BranNwebster

The UNO Master
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
In the army my hat size was a 7 3/8ths, I don't remember to many with the same hat size let alone bigger.
The best fit helmet for me at the time I was looking was an HJC CL-15 XXXL. It very comfortable.

H

HavBlue

There is no option for me. I wear an XS. Arai. I look like a bobble-head, but it fits.

Keira, there are all sorts of options from $100.00 to $600.00. Examples of this would be the HJC CL-SP which is designed specifically for women. The Bell Ace of Clubs and Arai Force also come in sizes as small as 2XS. The misses wears an XS and she has a Vega, an HJC FF and an HJC 3/4. Trust me, the options for XS are wide ranging and at times the graphics are awesome too.....

MotoMom

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi,
My husband has a big head. After trying on so many models and makes (Scorpion, Icon, Shoei, Arai, etc...), he thought he needed an XXL. And then he tried on the Shoei Multitec and got a size Large. He was very surprised, but he really likes it.
Good luck !

Agente Especial

Red Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
Last edited:

Concept

Reaction score
Visit site
I have a medium size nogin and I wear a SHOEI XR-1000. I picked it firstly for fit and secondly for the decals on this particular one which is called Diabolic revelation.
I couldnt wear something I didnt like the look of so......

cpitchfo

Reaction score
Visit site
i have an hjc, i think think they call in a modular, it opens up...really nice i use it as a sled helmet (different lense) and i can talk to the guys i ride with at stop lights really well. its a large...love it

OkieDavid

Reaction score
Visit site
I found a full face XXXL Scorpion that fits me fine. I wanted one of the Fulmers like you describe (full face where the chin part also raises) but couldn't find one locally. I LOVE the feel of a Shoei but too tight to part with the cash for comfort.

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I have a HUGE noggin and I am trying to find a new helmet as I hit my head when I wrecked my bike. I know there are a lot of helmet threads but no one lists the size they are wearing.

I have tried on every full faced and nodular helmet at every shop - seriously- in the Birmingham area and I am scared to order one off the net because I do not know the return policies.

I have a Fulmer Modus in matte black XXXL that is a modular helmet and after the wreck when I pop open the front it will not stay open.

HJC AC10 Medium excellent fit. I also have an AGV (new but cant remember the model) I hate it as it is to big when the wind gets up it move much more the the HJC.
AGV is K series and sold in the same price bracket as the HJC.

Nelly

Last edited:

Comet

Reaction score
Visit site

I am in Birmingham too and here is a good place for helmets. Cycle Gear - Motorcycle Apparel, Parts and Accessories

pottie

Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I was running to similar issues as well in regard which helmet should I use..
Try as many helmet as you can different brand will have different fitment to your head and take your time to choose and try...
I wasnt sure wheather I m gonna get Arai RX7 or Quantum 2 before but pretty much those are last two after I narrow down for couple weeks tried different kind of helmet...Yeaah they re pricy but fitting your head perfectly comfortable during riding is priceless....
I end up gettting Quantum cz I just felt fit me better then RX7....