What Pannier Rack Is This?

Premises187

Inquisitor
Reaction score
Visit site
Can anyone tell me what pannier rack this is?
Also more importantly can I use any monokey side box on it?

I ask because the rack is slanted in with the bike and I'm worried that if I buy a normal monokey side box that wont clip on right.
I know the Givi V35 PLX will fit and look great on this rack but I really cannot justify spending £300 for two plastic boxes.

Also if I did buy a normal side box would they be fitted at an angle? Like a pannier V shape.

Thanks for putting up with noob questions. :D

fz6rack2.jpg

Last edited:

Taku

Not a senile member.
Reaction score
Visit site
I don't know about Givi racks but I have a Kappa rack (KLX) that is exactly the same type and it can only accept K33 side panniers.

So if you get straight boxes they won't fit that rack.

cap'n

Reaction score
Visit site
I think the V35 PLX's are the only ones that will fit it. They're great bags, but if you've got dreams of cheaping out and buying some E21's, they will NOT fit it. I have them. Or you could just get a big top box...?

Smersh

The Pillaging Tatar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I just installed my Givi racks for E21s on mine and the receiver for the lock looks identical to mine, so I'm assuming this is Givi. Also, looking at this, looks like it. I vote Givi PLX mount rack. It is only compatible with V35s, unfortunately.

Premises187

Inquisitor
Reaction score
Visit site
Last edited:

amanlisman

Reaction score
Visit site
Last month, I bought a pair of Givi V35 panniers on e bay Italy. 255 euros p+p included. I'm in France, delivery within 7 working days. Would have had to pay 450 euros had I bought them in a shop in France.
Having said that, I had to speak a few words of Italian, which I don't, but a friend does :thumbup:
I had bought the support rack 2nd hand for 57 euros (instead of 150 euros) so was committed to buying the V35 panniers. The support rack is the plx351. You'll find everything on the givi website.
In others words, if that is the plx351 that you have, you can get the V35 panniers for about 200 pounds, I reckon.

amanlisman

Reaction score
Visit site
Would have had to pay 450 euros had I bought them in a shop in France.

Come to think of it, they're 390 euros, not 450 euros. Still far too much, as you say, for two plastic boxes!

Do a little search on this forum and you'll find at least two descriptions of how to install the racks, although yours are already installed. Watch out for your indicators though, which will have to be moved and for which you'll need the little mounts that are sold with the rack, without which you'll have to make some (my current problem).