DIY side cases from DeWalt tool boxes.

jentus

Reaction score
Visit site
I was looking into buying the GIVI v35 side cases but then I realized they are very overpriced and also not very roomy (one full face helmet fits in each case). I then saw many others who made side cases form other things like ammo boxes etc. I found this dewalt tool box and thought to make side cases from it. This tool box is very durable and made for heavy duty conditions, it's been tested and withstood many tests like a truck running it over and so on. It's also light weight and open from top which I prefer.. It's weather/water proof and lockable and it's only $60.
Then of course the mounting rack is another $180 or so and the mounting kit is another $38*2.
The full price will be around $380.
I am completely new to this and maybe it's a dumb idea. I would like to hear your feedback and if anybody has done something like that before.

Dry Martini

Reaction score
Visit site
I have a 52 litre Givi case on the back of the bike. Sure it is not cheap, but it does hold two helmets.

If toy think they are expensive, but a boat. Then you will feel better about the Givi price tag. :D

This space intentionally left blank.

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I've seen something like this mounted on a self made back rack, but never seen 2 of em mounted, looking forward to seeing the pics :thumbup: