What kind of bike to move on to next?

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I saw the B-king at the dealer.. looks way different. Looks very heavy. I wanted to sit on it, but was scared to. Didn't know if I would be able to get it off the kick-stand.

the only one at my local dealer is up on this pedestal thing so there is no way to sit on it, it does look big and some parts i like, others i don't...the exhuast is hideous, the headlight is cool, the seat looks comfy and the bike looks like a fat heavy beast... Not sure how it would handle in the curves, but i bet it is fast

H

HavBlue

Thanks I really do like the looks and sound of the R1. I have a few not so close friends that have them. I just need to con one of them into letting me try it out.

To me, anybody that lets another rider use their bike is like the guy that lets his neighbor use his wife. Funny, over the years I have seen more than a few bikes totaled by friends or buddies. If my bikes go down or get abused it will be me doing it.

As to a bike you may find very nice, try the Ducati S4Rs Testastreta Monster 1000. As for being bored with the FZ6, you need to get out of Corona and head up to the Rock Store.....

steveindenmark

Older Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I must admit that I have been looking at the 2008 Suzuki GSXF 750...but I will keep the FZ6 for this season because the Suzuki will drop in price in the Autumn.

Steve

steveindenmark

Older Member
Reaction score
Visit site
To me, anybody that lets another rider use their bike is like the guy that lets his neighbor use his wife. Funny, over the years I have seen more than a few bikes totaled by friends or buddies. If my bikes go down or get abused it will be me doing it.

As to a bike you may find very nice, try the Ducati S4Rs Testastreta Monster 1000. As for being bored with the FZ6, you need to get out of Corona and head up to the Rock Store.....

I am with you...more than having my bike wrecked....its well insured.

I would hate to wreck someone elses bike.

Steve

Tailgate

Reaction score
Visit site

I kinda agree with this...unless the other rider has the same model bike. A friend of mine has hinted about switching (he has Honda 1100 Vtwin) but...I dunno. If he dumps mine (or vice versa) tell me that this would not be awkward. I would NEVER go for a motorcycle valet park or probably even a cage valet park. I guess if you bring bike into a shop for work this would be okay (after all, mechanic set it up/test rode it).

dankatz

Commuter
Reaction score
Visit site
If you want a torquie overall comfortable riding bike that is reasonably priced I'd recommend the Bandit 1250.
Otherwise, go for some of the sexy Italians. I don't know how much power/torque you are looking for. I like the looks of the Aprilla Shriver 750. It is a vtwin, so certainly has more torque than our FZ6, but not by much. FZ1 would also be a big step up, but the power again is up in the higher revs, just like the R1.

Lastly, for the money you mentioned, I would go with a Triumph Sprint ST. It is sporty enough yet very comfortable and has tons of torque.
Dani

Mattberkshire

Reaction score
Visit site
Been asking myself this question quite a lot recently. I've got 12 months finance left to run on the FZ6 but I hate standing still. Never kept a car longer than 2 years and even then I'm bored of it. So...as I'm quite OCD I've been trying to decide what I'll buy next (in 12 moths)

1. Ducati Monster
2. Older Fazer 1000
3. CBR 600
4. Triumph street triple
5. Bandit 1250

I just can't decide. I read an article recently on the Ducati's and it really took my fancy. I like a lot of naked bikes but wish they had a small fairing as I really do like to hunker up behind the fairing and cruise at lightspeed:thumbup:

Nooj

Reaction score
Visit site
Ever heard the phraze: "Big bikes are for people who can't make small bikes go fast?" :justkidding:

If you're bored with it, you're bored with it. SV1000 is good, but the Tuono is way better if you want a big naked twin.

F250moto

Reaction score
Visit site
Ah my next bike.... The wife said I could get it, but it will be at least one year out. I've seen two around town, they look sweet..

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Ah my next bike.... The wife said I could get it, but it will be at least one year out. I've seen two around town, they look sweet..

F250! You beat me to the punch! I envy you, that new Duc is wonderful!

kalel3914

Reaction score
www.myspace.com
+1 on the B-King. Almost bought one instead of the FZ6, but the insurance was through the roof! Saw one at the dealership this weekend and I'm glad I got the FZ. B-King looks HUGE, and I don't think I'd have the maneuverability I do with the FZ... Damn sexy bike though!:rockon:

Davop

Reaction score
Visit site
The new Aprillia Shiver 750 appeals to me. I think it runs about $9k. The Triumph Speed and Street Triples are very cool. And like you said the new Buell with the Rotax engine.

Last edited: