What is your max speed with topcase?

discovery

Reaction score
Visit site
What is your MAX speed with Topcase installed? It differes from how large the case itself is,but just want to know if anyone has achieved 220 km/h with 50+ L topcase?!

I have achieved only 218,wondering if something is wrong with my bike,or should I achieve more :p It was just gentle wind blowing in my way,and throttle twisted in 6. gear from 150 kmh to 218,it refused to go past it,and came hardly to it after 210km/h. I have Givi Maxia 52

Last edited:

DefyInertia

Former '04 FZ6 Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
If you rub vaseline all over the top case you will be able to achieve 220 km/h...even with a 50L. Make sure you use a lot of vaseline or KY jelly...and take pictures first so that we can tell you if you used enough.

Jomomma

I'm not a Junior Member
Reaction score
Visit site
If you rub vaseline all over the top case you will be able to achieve 220 km/h...even with a 50L. Make sure you use a lot of vaseline or KY jelly...and take pictures first so that we can tell you if you used enough.
Rubber gloves are a must too. :p

Last edited:

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site

Hahahaha! :rof::rof::rof:

Taku

Not a senile member.
Reaction score
Visit site
As a word of advice, don't go over 150 when using a top case...

Usually top cases are rated at 150 km/h by the manufacturer so if it snags off the bike when going 180 you will´get seriously hurt...

I'm just saying...

hazy

Reaction score
Visit site
I had seen 237km/h with topcase.I believed it still has a little bit more as it was climbing rather slowly onward.

Taku

Not a senile member.
Reaction score
Visit site
i drive regulary 200km/h with topcas :cheer:

I had seen 237km/h with topcase.I believed it still has a little bit more as it was climbing rather slowly onward.

Wow... I mean just wow...

Do you guys have anything going on in those heads of yours?

I mean do you ever think of the consequences that could happen if you hit another vehicle at those speeds? Think for a second what would happen if you hit a let's say a minivan carrying a mom and 6 kids going to a soccer practice, and if you are going 200 km/h and the minivan is going 100 km/h like normal people would the impact force would be the same as you were going head on to a wall at 300 km/h...
At those speed no one would be left alive...

So for the love of god use your head... :spank:

JTL

Reaction score
Visit site
Wow... I mean just wow...

Do you guys have anything going on in those heads of yours?

I mean do you ever think of the consequences that could happen if you hit another vehicle at those speeds? Think for a second what would happen if you hit a let's say a minivan carrying a mom and 6 kids going to a soccer practice, and if you are going 200 km/h and the minivan is going 100 km/h like normal people would the impact force would be the same as you were going head on to a wall at 300 km/h...
At those speed no one would be left alive...

So for the love of god use your head... :spank:

I agree with you with the senselessness of speeding, but just a small and off-topic correction: you can't simply add head-on collision speeds to get a combined impact force for collision, as the formula for kinetic energy is ½mv^2.

Taku

Not a senile member.
Reaction score
Visit site
Yeah I'm no maths person but it just gives a little direction about the forces e are dealing with.

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Why would one want to try & go as fast as they can with a topcase on the back ?? :don'tknow: If it fell off at those speeds im willing to bet you'd be the first to jump up & down & say how $h!t the case was :shakehead:

LunchBox04V

That Subaru Guy
Reaction score
Visit site
^And those previous two posts are why I never post regarding my speed, or riding style. Knowing the drag limit of the bike in a configuration is useful information. Might not be smart testing it on public streets.... But still useful data. They guy was just looking for information. I do my best not to judge because lord knows I am not perfect.

Oh, and to the energy output of a system.... Twice the speed, four times the energy.

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
^And those previous two posts are why I never post regarding my speed, or riding style. Knowing the drag limit of the bike in a configuration is useful information. Might not be smart testing it on public streets.... But still useful data. They guy was just looking for information. I do my best not to judge because lord knows I am not perfect.

Oh, and to the energy output of a system.... Twice the speed, four times the energy.

Dont get me wrong , im not preaching road rules because I to am no angel but I just dont get the logic behind the question :confused:

But then again I am just a dumb truck driver after all...... :rolleyes:

McLovin

plain evil
Reaction score
Visit site
I just dont get the logic behind the question :confused:

Just like tires have max advised speed information, a topcase or any item that travels out in the open should have this kind of information. Do you think roof luggage systems on cars dont have a maximum advised speed? Are they built to withstand any speed and wind force? I doubt it.

The good thing is, you dont have to test its maximum speed capacity on the road because they already did it at the factory! The man just wants to know this info. Lets just try to ignore the other parts of this post because people are who they are, and me nagging and shaking my finger at them about speed limits is not gonna change their mind. Lets just answer the question and move on. :thumbup:

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Just like tires have max advised speed information, a topcase or any item that travels out in the open should have this kind of information. Do you think roof luggage systems on cars dont have a maximum advised speed? Are they built to withstand any speed and wind force? I doubt it.

The good thing is, you dont have to test its maximum speed capacity on the road because they already did it at the factory! The man just wants to know this info. Lets just try to ignore the other parts of this post because people are who they are, and me nagging and shaking my finger at them about speed limits is not gonna change their mind. Lets just answer the question and move on. :thumbup:

I'm still gonna grease everything up with Vasoline a K-Y jelly, like Nate says, and see how fast I can go! :BLAA:

JTL

Reaction score
Visit site

I remember the Yamaha original rack and topcase having a note for max allowed speed of something like 120km/h with the topcase installed, which seems a bit low.