Reaction score
Visit site
View attachment 56446
View attachment 56448
View attachment 56449
View attachment 56451
View attachment 56450
View attachment 56447

Here is my FAZ S2 ABS, a 2007 model with about 20.000 km.

To my own opinion, it's a great bike*:
Well built and finished. I'm sure that it ages well.
good engine and very good frame.
A real motorbike wich accelerate, brake, and really takes the corner.
It 's not the bike who dictate its way of use ant its cruising speed. With the FZ6, you can cruise at 60 ,120 or 180 km/h or even more. It's the driver who choose.

But it's not really a bike made for commuting, and I never take it for five kilometers rides.
Clutch and gearbox are not pleasants at low speed in the citie, and the accelerator is brutal and requires care.

Mine is touring fitted and modified. Let's have a look :

- lower fairing from POWERBRONZE. For protection and look. It's délivered in black and if you 've got a black bike, there is no use to paint it.
- Fairing expender from YAMAHA catalog. For protection and look. In front, it makes the bike looks like a 1000.
- the big windscrenn from SECDEM
- fender extender, also from POWERBRONZE
- the handlebar is 30 mm higher, for a comfortable touring position
- a 12 volt plug under the seat
- a confortable seat
- the passenger footpegs are a little bit lower and advanced in order to get more space for passenger’s legs
- a setting of the selector of speed to make it a little bit lower (so the foot is always in right position to rise the speed quickly)
- top case, and a saddlebag on the tank
- I ‘ve made a mod on the handle accelerator*: made the diameter bigger, in order to make the lenght of the accelerator shorter
- fork springs from LOUIS
- conic ball bearings on direction, because it last forever. There is not enough grease at the origin. And when it is disassemble, it's not so long and not so expansive to replace them.

And last but not least, I put a 18 theeths sprocket (origin is 16). This made the reduction about 12% longer than the origin. About 7000 rpm at 150 km/h.
I suppose that some of you will not agree with this mod, and even will prefer shorter réduction as 15 theeths sprocket.
But you have to consider that it makes a more smoothy and more comfortable drive*: less noise, less vibration, less speed change. And believe me, the engine is easily able to take such a reduction.
Obviously, the maximum speed will not be reached in 6th gear. But it doesn't matter.

Thank you for reading me. I do my best with the english language and the technical terms, and I hope you will understand.
If some of you would enjoy more informations, I shall try to answer.

And have a nice and safety ride*!!!

ShoopCE

Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi Francesco,

Nice write up and very pretty bike. I had not seen the fairing extender before.

I understand your comment about the sprocket change. That makes sense if you're doing mostly touring.

I have not done many changes to my bike to make it more specialized. I ride short trips for pleasure or about 10 km to get to work - all highway or country road, and occasional longer rides.

One of the things that attracted me to the FZ6 when I was researching was a description of it as the Swiss army knife of street bikes - because it is pretty well suited to do many kinds of riding.

With that sprocket change, have you invested in a speedometer correction device? My first purchase after the bike was to get a SpeedoDRD because the inaccurately high reading of even stock gearing bothered me.

Chris

iviyth0s

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Man I like the black FZs more and more, a little envious here

:welcome: to the team, and your english is great!

I'm sure you'll bring the best of the FZ's touring abilities with all those mods!

francesco21

Reaction score
Visit site
With that sprocket change, have you invested in a speedometer correction device? My first purchase after the bike was to get a SpeedoDRD because the inaccurately high reading of even stock gearing bothered me.

On the ABS model, the information of speed is is not taken at the sprocket, but it is given by the ABS computer.
So there is no need to correct in changing the sprocket.:D