What do you think of this deal?

ericl

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello everyone,

So I am ready to buy a fz6, but am wondering if the deal I have worked out is a decent one. I found a 2006 fz6 with ~700 miles and 2.5 years left on a transferable extended warranty. The original asking price was $5500 and the guy will let me have it for $4500 cash. This seems to fall into the rough market value on these bikes. Do you think this would be a mistake.

Thanks for all the great information I have found on this forum as I have been researching this purchase.

Thanks in advance for any opinions.

Eric

Hollow

Happy Thankful Member
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
The only thing I would be concerned with is. How well did he follow the instructions on the break in period? If he did as he was suppose to then I think it is a good price. I payed out the door $6300 for my new 07 fz6. But anyhow good luck with whatever you decide. :thumbup:

ericl

Reaction score
Visit site
From everything I have heard from him he did everything right. Basically he just decided the bike wasn't for him and wants a new Harley.:don'tknow: He has a garage full of nice cars and bikes and seems like a real gearhead.

I am assuming there is no way to find out exactly how he broke it in.

dankatz

Commuter
Reaction score
Visit site
Eric,
Sounds like an excellent deal especially considering it is still summer here in Boston. The '07+ have a few modifications/changes that you can read about in this forum. If it is not a deal breaker for you the price you have with the extended warranty is excellent. Can you take it for a ride? Dani

bcityroller

Gear Whore
Reaction score
Visit site
Sounds like a good deal to me assuming it's condition is consistent with the low miles. FYI you'll have to get a Yamaha dealer to inspect the bike to transfer the extended warranty if it's through them and the dealer can charge for it if they want but not sure what that cost is as I got my warranty inspection done for nothing.