What do you really think of the FZ6

I had cash in hand to buy a naked 2006 SV650 and went with my friend (rides a 919) to pick it up and the owner had sold it. I was depressed.... that is until we went to Stubbs Cycle in Houston just to look and I sat on a FZ6. I fell in love with the looks and ergos. They wanted too much for it (7500 for a 2006) so I went looking for one and bought it from a member of this forum. 2008 black.
This is my first bike and have a huge grin every time I take it out for a spin. I thought that I would want to get something else in a year or two. Nope. I don't see myself getting rid of her! Just have to keep adding motos to my garage.

Tell your friend to buy one YESTERDAY and start enjoying it ASAP. No regrets!

I'm surpirsed nobody has said anything about INSURANCE.

The FZ6 (specifically the FZ6, I don't know about the FZ6R) is one of the fastest bikes you can buy, under the category of STREET bikes.

Trust me, a sport bike will kick your ass when it comes to insurance.

Versatile, fun, relatively inexpensive. This is a bike of compromise though. It's good at all things, but not necessarily great at any one thing. There are better bikes for touring, track days, canyons, and even commuting. But, since I can't include a Concourse, R1, and Speed Triple in my herd, I'll stick with my one FZ6. . . .at least till the ol' lady gives back control of my coin purse.

I'll echo the buzziness at low-mid revs. The '04-'07 seat is roomy, but lacks support for longer distances. A new seat (optional from 04-07) was added in '08 that seems to have helped the comfort issue for some. (Corbin makes a very nice, but spendy after-market seat.) Pretty much everyone wants a replacement for the stock windscreen.

However, the ergos are good and roomy. The seat-height works for a wide range of people. The 600cc engine is a blast. And, I love the looks.

The SV650 is another great middle-weight standard. The ergos are a little more compact, and tend to work better for the smaller folks out there. V-twins run very differently than fours, and are preferred by many commuters and some club-racers. It's offered with ABS too.

A lot of people enjoy the Ninja 650R. I was an inch away from buying one before discovering the FZ6. Certain aspects of the ninja seemed a little hokey to my, and the styling a bit out of my taste.

I don't know much about the other offerings in the class, though I've heard great things about the street triple. For the most part, they're all good bikes. And in the end, all the advice in the world can't change what bike is best for you - a choice best made on personal riding style, ergonomics, aesthetic taste, and budget.

My 2 cents.:thumbup:

I'm surpirsed nobody has said anything about INSURANCE.

The FZ6 (specifically the FZ6, I don't know about the FZ6R) is one of the fastest bikes you can buy, under the category of STREET bikes.

Trust me, a sport bike will kick your ass when it comes to insurance.

I'm not so sure about that as a 08 R1 is only 10 bucks more a month for me with the same coverage.

Excellent value for the money (you could spend more & get more but why?)
Sexiest looking 600 out there (naked or fared)
Bullet proof reliability

Nuff said :cheer:

Back