What do we think of this?

Doorag

Reaction score
www.4dbrown.com
What do we think of this? *New Honda V4*

OK boys and girls. Here are some spy pics of the new V4 1200cc Honda coming out in October. Do we like?? Sorry for the big pic, I can't resize it.

02honda-v4-spy.jpg

01honda-v4-spy.jpg

Here's the full article.

UK Exclusive: New Honda V4 spied in action - | Motorbike reviews | Latest Bike Videos | MCN

Last edited:

Doorag

Reaction score
www.4dbrown.com
From what I remember of the multi-page article, it is the new V4 design and 2 of the cylinders can shut off completely when not needed to increase gas mileage and reduce emissions (for your emissions test, presumably). It also has the single-sided, shaft drive design like BMWs. Because of the new engine design the Japanese tester said it made the "Fireblade feel flat" :eek: :eek:

madmanmaigret

Mad like crazy not angry
Reaction score
Visit site
I can't wait to hear Hellgate on this one........He loves Honda's :rolleyes:

Kinda goofy looking to me, headlight doesn't look finished, and shaft drive has always looked douchy.......

CHEMIKER

Running Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Too much fairing for me, and it lacks any style. It looks like someone just needed to deflect wind and fabbed something up in a hurry, without worrying about looks.

And the rider isn't wearing proper safety gear! At least in the second pic, he's wearing boots. Could they have gotten a skinnier guy to test ride it? LOL

Sorry for being so negative, those are just my first impressions. It might be a really nice motor, and who knows - the production fairing might be different.

AJ_rider

Published FIZZER
Reaction score
Visit site
+1 fairing and headlilght look like crapola...but the idea of an emission efficent V4 is pretty slick. Shaft drive could be OK not a big fan, I'd prefer belt drive.

And the rider isn't wearing proper safety gear! At least in the second pic, he's wearing boots. Could they have gotten a skinnier guy to test ride it? LOL

Haha, I thought the same thing..somebody get this guy a jacket and a cheeseburger.

Last edited:

Doorag

Reaction score
www.4dbrown.com
Too much fairing for me, and it lacks any style. It looks like someone just needed to deflect wind and fabbed something up in a hurry, without worrying about looks.

Sorry for being so negative, those are just my first impressions. It might be a really nice motor, and who knows - the production fairing might be different.

These are not performance testers, they are engineers that are testing EFI at desert temperatures at low speed - apparently.

This also isn't the final fairing version. Some of the headlights are covered up and some other bits and pieces are different.

Last edited:

wildman

Reaction score
Visit site
+1 fairing and headlilght look like crapola...but the idea of an emission efficent V4 is pretty slick. Shaft drive could be OK not a big fan, I'd prefer belt drive.

Haha, I thought the same thing..somebody get this guy a jacket and a cheeseburger.

Agreed!

Anyway, my 2 cents.... If they dropped the top fairing assembly and just left the belly pan. Re did the top fairing to be more like the FZ, I'd very much like it. The headlight and fairing around that is FUGLY. Although the side view is sick.

Someone get those riders some gear AND A NEW HELMET!!! That one doesnt even fit him! But hey, hes covered on the main points of his body anyways, right? Haha... helmet, gloves.... those shoes dont even count, at least the 2nd one has boots on.

EDIT: I just saw the shaft drive! nice!

AJ_rider

Published FIZZER
Reaction score
Visit site
That new pic pretty much answers the VFR replacement question. It looks like its replacement for sure. LOVE LOVE LOVE the single sided swingarm look, fairing looks not quite as bulky still big but more streamlined. Idk if I like the banana seat though, I'd prefer a 2 piece but overall pretty nice bike!

Edit - Also it says VFR on the fairing, missed that at first glance :spank:...lol

mbramlett

Crazy MOFO
Reaction score
Visit site
I love the gear the testers are wearing in those pictures. :thumbup: WOW.

Edit: Just was I wasen't the first one to say that lol.

Last edited:

n1one

RIP Tom Eden
Reaction score
Visit site
Interesting.....I don't like the body work on it at all...looks like a Suzuki to me....not a Honda.

The V-4 is an awesome motor, I have had Honda Magnas in the past and enjoyed the mid-range on that motor.

Not sure if I missed it in this thread, but the biggest complaint I have read about the VFR is that it is porky or heavy...I wonder if they addressed the weight issue?

Thanks for posting...

manas12

Reaction score
Visit site
Here's the 'official' picture.

Honda-VFR-1200-V4-560x396.jpg

The fairing is still a bit too front heavy for my taste. It's similar to the FZ6-R in that respect, and the reason why I am not that big a fan of it. But Honda engines are sweet :thumbup: and I love the single sided swing arm. Also, do I see hand guards on it?

bmccrary

Touring Mod
Reaction score
Visit site
Shaft drives, FTMFW!

Imagine never having to clean or lube a chain again, or worry about belt wear or breakage. Not having to clean the chain lube off the entire left side of the bike.

Hopefully the bike will come with a centerstand.

Great looking bike with many cool speculated features. However I dont think it will replace the ST1300.

-bryan

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Glad I saved comment till I made it through the thread. The new pic and the effieciency ofthe bike? :thumbup: For me, it would have to be a standard though... too old for clip-ons. ;)

madmanmaigret

Mad like crazy not angry
Reaction score
Visit site
the "official" pic is a little better.......not my style though. Wheels would have to go..who would pick that design? Single sided swingarm is cool.....blah, typical Honda, boring bland and nothing to scream about but probably does what it is supposed to do with incredible ease.