What did you do to your FZ today?

manas12

Reaction score
Visit site
Got my PCIII in the mail today :rockon: purchased from roachj. Would've loved to put it on the bike along with the K&N, but damn this rain! The forecast doesn't look good for the next few days either :( But it's Buffalo, and there's one thing I've learned living in Buffalo for 6 years is that you cannot predict the weather :D

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I rode her... I rode her this morning and I rode her this evening. Then I kissed her goodnight and closed the garage door. :D

MarinaFazer

Wonderbread
Reaction score
www.jwci.org
I noticed that she wants more alone time...I've been riding to work every day this week instead of the bicycle because of having lots of errands to do. It's been fun, but I'd rather go real riding at some point this weekend.

Wildcard

Reaction score
Visit site
I have done a lot recently! Put on HEL stealth brake lines, PCIII, hyperpro fork springs, and in the process of changing out the rear, but I am trying to figure out how to compress the spring...any ideas? I saw someone did it with tie down straps but I cannot find the post

Also ordered -1 +2 steel (not aluminum) sprocket setup and a new 530 chain. (setup supposed to last 20k miles according to dealer)

MarinaFazer

Wonderbread
Reaction score
www.jwci.org
I have done a lot recently! Put on HEL stealth brake lines, PCIII, hyperpro fork springs, and in the process of changing out the rear, but I am trying to figure out how to compress the spring...any ideas? I saw someone did it with tie down straps but I cannot find the post

n00dle had his done for $5 at a local moto shop. Walked in with the rear shock and new spring and they did it on the spot within 20 minutes.

Mexi-can't

Biker dude
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Installed the Scorpion exhaust and bar risers, then got a few more pics for the scavenger hunt. :thumbup:

Spideyrex

Reaction score
Visit site
I plugger in her battery tender so she will be ready for the weekend ride with her brand new BT 021 front tire. I'll be easy on her for the first 100 miles, then... whose your daddy?!?

Bates121

B l a c k L e a d e r
Reaction score
Visit site
Well yesterday I swapped rims with Audible he wanted my silver ones and I wanted his black ones. Put the wheels back one then I replaced the front stock brake lines with HEL brake lines then drained and bled the brake system. Wow its an amazing difference in the responsiveness of the brakes. I will post pics later

MarinaFazer

Wonderbread
Reaction score
www.jwci.org
Yesterday afternoon I rode the canyons with a few buds and had a grand old time testing the new front suspension...it's an amazing difference when you really start working it hard.

just need a rear shock now!

Bates121

B l a c k L e a d e r
Reaction score
Visit site
Getting the bike ready for black rims
bates121-albums-moto-maintance-picture4033-no-more-silver-rims-like-makeshift-stand.jpg

While the wheels where off I decided to change the brake lines to HEL lines
bates121-albums-moto-maintance-picture4035-old-brake-lines.jpg

Brakes removed
bates121-albums-moto-maintance-picture4034-brakes-removed.jpg

I forgot to take pics of the flushing and bleeding of the brakes and I was to excited to go try out the new brake lines that I forgot pics of how I ran those

New Black Rims
bates121-albums-moto-maintance-picture4031-new-rims-thanks-audible.jpg

Finished and reassembled with the new rims and new brake lines
bates121-albums-moto-maintance-picture4036-new-sexy-black-rims-hel-new-brake-lines.jpg

manas12

Reaction score
Visit site
Installed the PCIII and while the tank was up, also replaced the stock air filter with a K&N. The change to PCIII was immediately noticeable. The throttle response is so much smoother than stock. Will get a custom dyno tune one of these days but till then using the map from dynojet's website. The air filter replacement is not as noticeable. Maybe the whine from the intake has gone down a bit, but will see if I can get a dyno with and without the K&N.

Also, cleaned the chain and lubed it. Cleaned and waxed the bike to make it shiny :D Oh! And opened up the front sprocket cover to clean, like one forum member had suggested and boy! There is lot of gunk in there. Even managed to clean some stuck gravel from it!

Wildcard

Reaction score
Visit site
Ordered some Michelin Pilot Road 2's!!! Have about 8500 on stock dunlops, but the rear is flattening out and not much tread left + I want to install my -1 +2 sprocket setup that came in today.

audible

Hear Me?
Reaction score
Visit site
Looks good...good choice. Audible :thumbup:

Getting the bike ready for black rims
bates121-albums-moto-maintance-picture4033-no-more-silver-rims-like-makeshift-stand.jpg

While the wheels where off I decided to change the brake lines to HEL lines
bates121-albums-moto-maintance-picture4035-old-brake-lines.jpg

Brakes removed
bates121-albums-moto-maintance-picture4034-brakes-removed.jpg

I forgot to take pics of the flushing and bleeding of the brakes and I was to excited to go try out the new brake lines that I forgot pics of how I ran those

New Black Rims
bates121-albums-moto-maintance-picture4031-new-rims-thanks-audible.jpg

Finished and reassembled with the new rims and new brake lines
bates121-albums-moto-maintance-picture4036-new-sexy-black-rims-hel-new-brake-lines.jpg