What brand sliders do you have?

I think the bolt on the FZ is a 10mm, so make sure that the set that you buy have the same bolt size. Yes, I do have these on my bike. I connected the wires with the front running lights. I had to sand the Polycarbonate or whatever the slider is made out of down just a little to fit them into the recessed portion of the frame. Attached is some day and night pics of the sliders on my bike. in the first pic, you can see where the slider is recessed in the frame and the wires.

That's pretty cool. But I personally wouldn't trust those to hold up in a sliding lay-down situation.

I went with the Shoguns....I just happened to see them at the dealership one day and grabbed 'em for around $40. They are simple, alum. insert delron black. I stuck and end cap in the end of mine. To me the best part of the FZ6 is the frame, so the black looks cool imo. Ilike the one's on Ebay just posted, those are cool and only $23...good deal

3f26f5b0a6a12e5e027bdfd28330ead7_rough.jpg

I originally had some generic ones from some guy in Colorado that I bought on eBay. The sliders were good but the right side bolt didn't fit. The shoulder on the bolt kept it from screwing all the way in. Customer service from the guy was not up to par but that's what you get for $15. I had to buy a fully threaded bolt at the local hardware store. I dropped the bike twice and had no damage thanks to the sliders.

I recently "upgraded" to T-Rex sliders. No installation issues with them and they are much higher quality than the generic ones. Price is right too, I recommend them.

Basically, yes. Minus all the additional hardware of course. I thought they had 3 groves cut into them but it may just be two... AT THAT PRICE WHO CARES WHAT THEY LOOK LIKE! You wont be dissappointed.

Back