What brand sliders do you have?

I've got R&G Racing sliders, $90 at my yamaha dealer.

rgsliderbent.jpg

Guaranteed to work well and not crack your frame during a highside.

I'm another one with the T-Rex frame sliders but I'm looking to order a set of Motovation swingarm sliders.

15.00 Flame Sliders off of ebay. They are made for an 03 GSXR1000 I think. A little different, but I like them.

thats pretty trick! I like them.

I have FS6 sliders on my bike but if I had to do it again I would go for the motovation.......don't want to get into the story again but that's what I would do.

not sure of the brand but bought them on fle-bay and they are C/F and they are also extended and say FZ6 on them, one other perk is when going for a good long ride i just lift my legs up and rest them on the sliders. But, after seeing the one's that light up i am interested in those.

where did you get those, do they come in different colors and do they light up bright, and how much. They look great.

They are actually called "Flame Sliders". I saw them first on a cbr, and was looking for them everywhere. Iwas not able to find them for my FZ, so I started looking for bikes that offered them with the same dia bolt. I got these off of ebay for 15.00 and they were made for an 03 gsxr 1000. I had to sand them down by hand a bit where they recess into the frame for a snug fit. They come in quite a few colors, and they are pretty bright at night, but in the day, they look like a frosted plastic white. Attached is a link for an example, but I do not know if these will fit the FZ, so make sure the bolt size is correct. They are the same length as the exteded FZ frame sliders.

eBay Motors: FLAME SLIDER KIT YAMAHA R1 #200452-B (item 290290985063 end time Jan-28-09 13:12:57 PST)

so only the bolt is, that's where i would have a problem? And how did you connect the wire's. Do you have these on you bike.

So most people have T-rex here. Seen them on Desi_FZ6 bike. Loved the quality. May swap out my ebay extended sliders with these.

so only the bolt is, that's where i would have a problem? And how did you connect the wire's. Do you have these on you bike.

I think the bolt on the FZ is a 10mm, so make sure that the set that you buy have the same bolt size. Yes, I do have these on my bike. I connected the wires with the front running lights. I had to sand the Polycarbonate or whatever the slider is made out of down just a little to fit them into the recessed portion of the frame. Attached is some day and night pics of the sliders on my bike. in the first pic, you can see where the slider is recessed in the frame and the wires.

I just bought a Silver '05 FZ6. It's sitting in a friends garage until it gets warm enough here to ride. I really want to get sliders for my bike but have no idea what any of these sliders look like ON the bike. Anyone have any pics? Thanks!

Back