What boots does everyone wear? (Not track boots)

snackwrap

Reaction score
Visit site
I will soon be investing in my first pair of riding boots and I am not sure which to get. My main riding is commuting and weekend state park trips. I do not plan on going to the track, although I know some features of track boots are much safer, like the ankle protection that limits rolling your ankle. I also dont want a low cut boot. I would prefer shin protection. I would really appreciate some suggestions or recommendations. Two boots that stuck out to me were these two
TCX S-Sportour EVO Boots - RevZilla

Cortech Latigo Air RR Boots - RevZilla

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I love my BMW Sports Dry Boots, which are also Gortex. They were really stiff when I first got them, but after wearing them in, they are comfortable and I wear them every day. I love the fact that they also have reflective material around the heels. I would like to get another pair in the future. By far the best boots I've owned so far.

P1020233_zps21d7318e.jpg

P1020232_zpscdf08450.jpg

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
4 seasons on Dainese torque out boots. Only ones I saw that STOP ANKLE ROTATION!!! Very Rugged, very AWESOME BOOT! Meant to do a review but never got around to it. Saved my ankle a couple times now; although I've had no downs... Very comfy too! I'll buy another set when these are done!
Grab your Boot and fold the upper from the sole. These DO NOT FOLD!!
Ok - I'm off my high horse - as you were.....
Boot Pictures for reference...

Great deal too cycle gears $238 price match anyone... -->DAINESE - Torque Out Motorcycle Boots - Waterproof - Boots - Street - Cycle Gear

Adding picture:
attachment.php

Last edited:

ChanceCoats123

Reaction score
Visit site
I actually just bought a pair of AStars SMX-1 boots for street riding. They don't tie, but zip up and have a lot of strong Velcro instead, so they should be relatively easy to get on and off. Walking around in them was comfortable as well for casual use. Do note, I've not ridden in them yet as I'm back down at school until summer time.

Beerdrinker

2^57885161-1
Reaction score
Visit site
I use Frank Thomas apollo 102 gore tex, everiday since 2004!
cons: they slip in wet pavement
pros: everything else, what I think is more amazing is the fact they can maintain my feet always at a neutral temperature, winter and summer, and I already wear them with -10ºC= 14ºF to 40ºC= 104°F

greg

UK Luchador
Reaction score
Visit site
I have a pair of Dainese TRQ tour goretex boots, I also have a pair of Torque Out Pro's that I wear in summer and on track. Both are comfortable and easy to put on, especially the latter.

MasterOfPupets

Reaction score
Visit site
I wear the TCX X-Cube (older style, not the EVOS)

Good price, decent looking boot that I can wear around at my destination without much problem, and it had a good cost to it. I'd like to get some full length boots for when I'm just going riding with no intention of stopping and walking around, but that's not in the bidget yet. Need to upgrade some of my other gear first.

thisisbenji

Reaction score
Visit site
I have a pair of Alpinestars SMX Plus Vented Boots that I wear almost every single time I ride. Super comfortable boots I can wear them all the way down to 30 degrees with warm feet. However, they're not very waterproof.

They're really nice to wear around walking too, I don't mind going to the shops in them at all.

smx_plus_boots_13_vented_black-1.jpg

I'd buy these again in a heartbeat.

I also have a pair of Dainese Street Runners.

april_1st_product_shots-61.jpg

While they don't offer the level of protection as the full length boots, they are waterproof and a bit more casual. The funny thing about them though, is that they actually have stiffer soles than the Alpinestars boots.

They might look like a pair of high top vans, but they feel 100% motorcycle boot when you put them on.

Last edited:

MattR302

Awesomeness, Inc.
Reaction score
Visit site
I have a pair of Alpinestars SMX Plus Vented Boots that I wear almost every single time I ride. Super comfortable boots I can wear them all the way down to 30 degrees with warm feet. However, they're not very waterproof.

They're really nice to wear around walking too, I don't mind going to the shops in them at all.

smx_plus_boots_13_vented_black-1.jpg
These are my every day boots too. They do make these in a GoreTex version as well. I wear "track" boots every time I ride, I have a pair of shoes I leave at work, and I bring another pair of shoes if I'm going somewhere else. Why skimp on protection for something you use as often as your feet?

FIZZER6

The Angry Blue Mantis
Reaction score
Visit site
I have a pair of ICON basic low profile lace up boots with one strap across the ankle. they have steel armor over the ankle bone and steel reinforced toe. They are stylish enough to wear to work so no need to keep changing out of my boots when I get to the office.
$_35.JPG

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Nice pictures... What is the boots job?

Grab your sole, grab the upper area at the shin. NOW TWIST AND FOLD it OVER!! Will this save your ankle?
Skip to 2:25 for protection
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DTAD82bnWjE[/ame]

Thats what im saying. The Dainese torque out boots only pivot in the direction your ankle moves normally. I hope this will offer better protection than those without a hinge. Think in terms of a snow ski boot.

greg

UK Luchador
Reaction score
Visit site

Grab your sole, grab the upper area at the shin. NOW TWIST AND FOLD it OVER!! Will this save your ankle?

Thats what im saying. The Dainese torque out boots only pivot in the direction your ankle moves normally. I hope this will offer better protection than those without a hinge. Think in terms of a snow ski boot.

These were what I was wearing when I had my big crash a couple of years ago, pretty much everything else in my body was hurt somehow, but my feet and ankles were completely untouched. The sliders on the boot were the only things damaged and I still wear them :thumbup:

thisisbenji

Reaction score
Visit site

YouTube

The A* boots I posted hing just like that as well.

The thing with more commuter orientated boots though, is they still provide much better protection than wearing regular shoes. Think more slide protection than break protection.

sheltiedave

Reaction score
Visit site
Got a pair of Sidi ST boots , really happy with them . Just need to adjust the gear lever a bit and lift it higher with the new boots .

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Many of the boots pictured would probably qualify for the track. Although I'm not a track guy, I wonder what the percentage of injuries are sustained involving the feet or ankles? If it's a low percentage, obviously the boots are doing it's job which would reinforce on why wearing proper footwear is so essential even when you go ride out on the streets.