TCX Five-Plus goretex boots

Fishwiz4

Reaction score
Visit site
After reading most of the threads around here about boots I finally pulled the trigger on a pair of touring boots. These are the first pair of boots that I have owned that are specifically designed for motorcycling. I don't have any selection of boots in my area and when I was visiting my family near Minneapolis, I tried on a few pair (tourmaster, BMW, icon) but they all felt very cheap ahead horribly overpriced for what they are.

I headed online and continued research and ended up buying these TCX boots at revzilla. They arrived today, and add soon as I slipped my first foot inside, i knew that these boots were in a different class from the tourmasters. They are soft inside, have great craftsmanship, and are actually shaped like a human foot, not a 2x4 like some others. I wore them in the house for a little while to ensure they were the right size, then went for a ride.

Shifting felt a little different compared to work boots, but street a few minutes I got used to it and quickly learned to like the feel. Instead of lifting my whole leg to shift, I can use my ankle to shift thanks to the increased sole support. These boots have hard ankle protection, reinforced heel and toe boxes, and a hard shin protector.

All in all a great looking, waterproof, very comfortable boot, that offers pretty good protection (for street riding/touring) that I can actually walk in when I'm off the bike. I'm sure they will only get better when they break in more. I learned that, to some extent, you get what you pay for with boots (these were $230).

I have only had them for 1 day and 45 miles, but I am a happy customer.
ga4upa5e.jpg

Sent from my Droid RAZR Maxx HD

tejkowskit

Gold Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hows well do they breathe being a waterproof boot? Do your feet get hot and clammy after wearing them for a while?

Cwwrig

Reaction score
Visit site
I have the same boots. I like them a lot as well, but they are my first real set of boots so I don't have much to compare them to.

Fishwiz4

Reaction score
Visit site
Re: Re: TCX Five-Plus goretex boots

Hows well do they breathe being a waterproof boot? Do your feet get hot and clammy after wearing them for a while?

I have only had then on for a little over an hour and it was only 65 degrees outside. I cannot tell how well they breathe yet. These were the only boots in this price range that use goretex rather than a proprietary brand of waterproofing, I am hoping this helps with breathability.

Sent from my Droid RAZR Maxx HD