wet weather is here in norcal

promega

Reaction score
Visit site
I have SIDI Way Rain boots, supposedly water resistant. I haven't ridden in any real rain, just a quick drizzle. They have hard inserts in the shin and on both sides of the ankle. I haven't tested them yet, but I'm more than certain they'd do a great job of protecting my feet and ankles. Very comfortable and so low key, I can wear them anywhere.

632915142222914166g17681.jpg

Plenty of good reviews: Sidi Way Rain Boots - Street Bike - Motorcycle Superstore

Great all around boots. I've had them over a year now and they still look barely used. :thumbup:

wouldnt get caught dead wearing those nubish boots.

DefyInertia

Former '04 FZ6 Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
Anyone make any progress on this?

I can't find anything that offers top notch protection but that is also waterproof.

I (and I think the OP) want a waterproof version of something like this:

Vortice_Black.jpg

Norbert

crash tested
Reaction score
Visit site

I can't find anything that offers top notch protection but that is also waterproof.

Vortice_Black.jpg

I have the Sidi Vertigo (kinda like the one posted above).
I used Nikwax to make them water resistant.
Take a look:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BfcYrHSIHkU]YouTube - Nikwax Technical Training Video - Footwear[/ame]
I got the tip from the folks on advrider.com.
Search their forums to find out more.
You can buy it from REI. Also, the Nikwax glove proof is recommended by Gerbing for their heated gloves.
It forms a barrier so the leather doesn't absorb the rain water.
When the leather gets wet and then dries, the leather gets "stressed."
So you'll help to protect your $300 race boots a bit more :D

I'd rather not sacrifice the protection of an armored race boot for some "water proof" boots. Especially when it's wet and I'm more likely to go down.

DefyInertia

Former '04 FZ6 Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
I have the Sidi Vertigo (kinda like the one posted above).

Kinda like, but not enough protection. I have the side vertigo rain boots (just like yours but waterproof)...they've been great for 3 years but I want more ankle bending protection like the vortice i posted above or like the discontinued vertigo corsa had.

I may consider just waterproofing the boot of my choice as you suggested. thanks :thumbup:

I have Berik GPX boots - waterproof - good for all year round and plenty of protection.

:cheer:

Not plenty enough for me. Waterproof boots with that much protection are easy to find. Thanks though.

Here are my current boots. They have been good to me but like the OP, I want something that does a better job preventing my ankle from bending in ways it should not bend.
4121540854_c02e221b2c_b.jpg

BusyWeb

Reaction score
Visit site

Vortice_Black.jpg

My new boots looks like this.... but little bit different looking.
(bought just couple of weeks ago for here so. cal winter rain)
The comfortness >> perfect
Protection seems work well.
Air bent switches for the summer hot weather.
Can adjust enterance of the boots >> over pants or/not >> with simple screwing after wearing. (if you have calf muscle very useful)
Really right weight, but salesman said that there are some metal plate inside boots which will be bent as foot moves, but will not bent out the other side to protect foot in case of accidents.
No bad feeling about these yet...