My new Sidi Cobra Air Boots

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
After three plus years wearing my BMW Transit Boots every day riding and at work, I had to get a new pair of riding boots. I loved these boots, they were very well built, unfortunately they are no longer available.

sidi_boots_002.jpg

Purchased from Motonation, $160 shipped with my Rider Coach discount.

sidi_boots_001.jpg

They are much lighter than my BMW boots, and it appears they don't provide as much protection around the ankle. They are not waterproof, but they are mesh. I noticed a big difference in the air flow while riding, so it's a great warm weather boot. I will probably have to look into a different pair for the winter. They also come in a rain version which is a waterproofed boot.

The Sidi is a tad higher than the BMW Transit.

sidi_boots_004.jpg

See what spending 200 days out on the range teaching the MSF classes will do to your boots in addition to the three plus years of wearing them every day.

sidi_boots_003.jpg

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Congratulations Kenny!

The Cobra is the next boot I want but I'll probably get the non air. They have them both in air and regular. I haven't tried on a pair yet but they are a great boot and you definitely get bang for the buck with them.
I have the AStar SMX-5 now and they are so comfortable. I only wish they had a little more wrap-around to the toe on the slider. That's where the Sidi is better for almost the same price range.

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
How are those Cobra's holding up? I'm thinking about a pair. I also have narrow feet, so wondering about that.

I wear them 12-14 hours a day. The soles are getting pretty thin. Otherwise everything else is still holding up. I don't think you can replace the soles on these boots.

I'll probably get the rain version soon since I'm up in Idaho now.