Well, it's time

GConn

Squid hater
Reaction score
Visit site
Well, I am about to make an important decision, a rather difficult one, but my favourite fz will be most probably sold in a few months time :( I've decided to get a new toy, this time with 4 wheels:ban:. It's not final yet, at least for a couple of more weeks, but it certainly seems to be the most probable scenario.

I know a 4wheeler is not going to be the same but I feel that I sometimes push the limit with the bike. I am going to try and stay off the bike while I have all body parts intact. Maybe I won't make it without the FZ and I'll be back on a new bike after a year or so, who knows?

Thanks for all the usefull tips and help. This place has been a great source of info since day1. I'll continue visit my favourite forum. Soo, I guess I'll see you people around.

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Okay GConn, wait a minute...It isn't April 1st is it? You're going to sell the FZ for a Four Wheeler? I think you've fallen and hit your head. Dude, come to your senses, and FAST!

luckyirishboy209

custom fz6 foot peg maker
Reaction score
Visit site
i thought i was bad for thinking about trading in my fz6 for a fz1; but now you just raised the bar:eek: dont do it not for a four wheelier. no!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. real think about it bro?

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Well, I am about to make an important decision, a rather difficult one, but my favourite fz will be most probably sold in a few months time :( I've decided to get a new toy, this time with 4 wheels:ban:. It's not final yet, at least for a couple of more weeks, but it certainly seems to be the most probable scenario.

I know a 4wheeler is not going to be the same but I feel that I sometimes push the limit with the bike. I am going to try and stay off the bike while I have all body parts intact. Maybe I won't make it without the FZ and I'll be back on a new bike after a year or so, who knows?

Thanks for all the usefull tips and help. This place has been a great source of info since day1. I'll continue visit my favourite forum. Soo, I guess I'll see you people around.
Well to be a member it doesn't say that you have to still be in ownership of your FZ6.
Good luck with what ever route you take.
I would rather you were safe and sound on four wheels than pushing the limits and your luck on two.
Cheers

Nelly

youngGun

Reaction score
Visit site
I hear you Gcon, My FZ is up for sale as well......time for a change of pace....good luck with the sale..and the four wheeler

jsw4178

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Good luck with whatever you decide. I have a 2004 Yamaha Kodiak 400 and love it!

Smittyboy

Reaction score
Visit site
Hate to admit it, but I've been d*cking around with this train of thought as well... Not to the extent of a four wheeler (which I'm also a little too risky on) but (here come the flames...) a dyna lowrider HD with the stage 2 exhaust, intake, chip, chrome hi $ rims, and barely ridden. My aunt owns it, but hardly ever rides. I have ridden it in the past, and enjoyed it. I can see where Gconn is coming from. I don't trust myself enough to be able to rip from stand still to 100+ in less time than it takes to think about what I'm doing... Nothing's in stone yet, but either way I'll be happy. I can't blame ya Gconn.

DefyInertia

Former '04 FZ6 Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
4-wheeler? You gonna blow donuts all day long? I can see getting a 4x4 wheeler for exploring/hunting/etc. but a 4x2 quad racer is going to be real dangerous.

One of my best friends ended up in the hospital for months after crashing a 4-wheeler. My worst injuries have been in the dirt. FYI......

Best of luck regardless of what you do....be sure to post pics!!!

Ghost Weim

Time to ride!!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Gosh GConn - hate to see you do it, but you have to do what you have to do. Maybe some day you will decide the FZ6 is a toy to have again...

cv_rider

Reaction score
Visit site
I feel that I sometimes push the limit with the bike. I am going to try and stay off the bike while I have all body parts intact.

This is not an unreasonable train of thought. I've had many deep conversations with myself on this very topic. I never seem to get to any resolution. It's hard for me to imagine just stopping cold turkey when I've never had an incident - just over the fear of an incident. I've sometimes thought that a real scare might tip me over the edge to moving to something a little safer.

Interestingly, the knowledge that I'm constantly within a second or two from death when while riding has made me appreciate being alive with more focus. I've looked at my family and children differently since taking up this sport 18 months ago.

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
good luck with whatever decision you make, i personally think that you would push it just as hard on the 4 wheeler, but the difference is that instead of dodging cars you will dodge trees and chances are that you will be wearing less gear to do it.

get both :)

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
But, on a 4 sheeler, you don't have to deal with the crazy cagers either. Yes, there's risk from mistakes on your own, but less apt to be injured by an outside force.

What is important is that you recognize your lack of self-control behind a bike that can kill you in a hurry expecially in traffic. Kudos for admitting that!

GConn

Squid hater
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for all the comments and hellgate, how did you know I hit my head?? :Flip: Ok, I hear you people. But just a 'correction'. By 4 wheeler I meant a fast Audi :) Sorry for the misunderstanding...:spank:

The thing is, by having no racetrack around means I d*ck around in the streets to satisfy my stupid urges. I know a car does not offer the same feelings, but at least I will feel safer. Everybody at the club call me a traitor now...I'll be taking my decision in the next few weeks, but it's not easy on me either. I will be keeping my gear and all so if I go crazy without the fz I may return to the scene after some time.

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for all the comments and hellgate, how did you know I hit my head?? :Flip: Ok, I hear you people. But just a 'correction'. By 4 wheeler I meant a fast Audi :) Sorry for the misunderstanding...:spank:

The thing is, by having no racetrack around means I d*ck around in the streets to satisfy my stupid urges. I know a car does not offer the same feelings, but at least I will feel safer. Everybody at the club call me a traitor now...I'll be taking my decision in the next few weeks, but it's not easy on me either. I will be keeping my gear and all so if I go crazy without the fz I may return to the scene after some time.

Sorry to see your making this bad decision but what has to be done , has to be done......Just before you do though ive got a little parting tip for you....My $10000 bike is still faster than your $80000 car...:Flip::D

steveindenmark

Older Member
Reaction score
Visit site
George..just slow down and stop frightening yourself.

I left bikes for 15 years and came back. I wish now that I had come back years earlier so don`t make the same mistake as I did.

Steve

LERecords

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

I picked up an audi (due to needing a car for work, long story).. they are really nice cars.. not as fast as the bike, but fast enough for a cager

IMG_0506.jpg

IMG_0508.jpg