Well, I did it.

mcteague

Reaction score
Visit site
Just a few days ago I started this thread http://www.600riders.com/forum/fz6-general-discussion/16485-thinking-fz6-fz6r.html and got lots of good advice. I found what seems to be the last '08 FZ6 in MD. The price was good so I took a chance that I would like the ride. After only 50 miles I am thrilled. I don't have any lower back ache and the Ninja 250R would get to me after 10 minutes. The thing really feels planted and the suspension is worlds better than the little Ninja, firm but not harsh. I'm not completely in love with the color, black, but seeing how it only comes in that and dark blue there was not much choice anyway, even with the '09. Thanks again everyone.

Tim

Last edited:
:welcome: and congrats! Glad you took the chance and grabbed it. If you have issues still, a new Top Saddlery seat and some bar-backs will even further your comfort on this ride.

Ride safe!

Welcome.

Hmmm, I wonder where the black ones falls in the paint scheme speed continuum... It's well known that the red ones are fastest and the blue is a girly color... :D

Enjoy your new ride and post often! Oh, and get yourself some frame sliders, pronto.

Black ones don't show up on any speed/color lists,
they're either too fast to measure, or they're too stealthy to see.

Black ones ARE the best choice. We don't have to spam forums to convince others and ourselves that we're the fastest, we know we are.

congrats on the new bike, it looks awesome and you will not regret the choice!

Officially welcome to the family!

Ride lots and post often!!!

Black ones don't show up on any speed/color lists,
they're either too fast to measure, or they're too stealthy to see.

Black ones ARE the best choice. We don't have to spam forums to convince others and ourselves that we're the fastest, we know we are.

Raven must be the best or why else did it continue on to the 2009 lineup? :bow:

Tim

Raven must be the best or why else did it continue on to the 2009 lineup? :bow:

Tim

;) But remember, BLUE is the only color made EVERY year. :thumbup:

(and the war continues..... :D )

I really like the raven but more because it opens the door for actually modding the looks with paint, decals, striping, etc.... Easier on the raven than any other color, doable on the other colors though.

upz 4 the raven color=)

u made a wise decision in the color. Raven color looks good when photographed cause it stands out unlike other colors:p

Congrats on making a decision. It looks very nice. It has a sinister, almost street fighter like look in raven with not mods. I am so used to mine with the trunk and PUIG screen which makes it look more like a sport touring. Yours looks like streetfighter!

Congrats, I think you will like it I got mine (blue 08) in feb 09 already 3k miles of pure fun good for commuting (100 mile round trip), good in traffic like rolling thunder, and a total blast out of town.

Back