Well, I did it. I sold my FZ6 :(

boo68

I'm a girl dammit!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Sadly for the last 4 years I have struggled on and off again with vertigo. I had hoped by now the docs would find a solution or cause but so far nothing. I decided that I would sell my bike since all that she does is sit in the shed and wait to be ridden. I didn't post her or anything, my friend that works in a correctional facility had a coworker that was in love with the FZ6s and was looking for one so he sent me an email with an offer. Since he seems like a great guy, I took the offer. So yesterday he came and picked her up. I am truly sad, but glad that she'll be in good hands/thighs...hehe I hope to get another bike at some point. I will still visit the forum as I still love the sport, and you guys are all great!

Deb

ELIZABETH

Goofball Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Visit site
Sorry to hear that, Deb. :(
You know what this means, though...
time for a Can-Am Spyder!!! :cheer:

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
sorry that you had to get rid of her, I hope they figure it out soon so you can get a new one and re-join us on 2 wheels.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I can't imagine that you haven't tried the "epley maneuver" but I'll mention it anyway. I've had vertigo a few times and it is hard to deal with. I was with a friend who was passing away and it hit me hard. I had ridden my bike that night and had to ride an hour and a half back home at night. It was a trip! I had to do some quick adjustments. When you have the epley maneuver done, I believe the doctor has to read your eye beating to know what way to do the maneuver. I hope you get better soon!
Don't give up Deb! :hug:

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Deb, very sorry that you had to sell the bike and even more sorry you have to deal with vertigo. My Mom had it for about 5 years and then it mysteriously went away. I pray that, should the Doc's not be able to help, that you have the same good fortune as my Mom.

I don't know what the procedure is that Cliff had done, but I'd sure look into it! (Thanks Cliff!!!) :rockon:

Don't give up the fight... keep researching. :hug:

boo68

I'm a girl dammit!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks all for your words of encouragement...I think I have had every test on the planet...several MRI's, several Epley Manuevers, VNGs, EKGs...totally stinks. It started out intermittently now it is constant. Thankfully I can still drive the car and truck...and thankfully I bought my husband a mustang GT for his birthday in February...so I can have some fun in that. Eric I hope that I have the same luck as your Mom too. I hope to be back on 2 wheels soon.

Deb