Well folks, that's all she wrote for this FZ

you have to cut holes in it to release the stress:Flip:

shervin-holes-in-frame.jpg

I'd see what Yamaha says first... If Yamaha can't help, between the mileage, damage and any farkles, I agree, I'd likely sell it being you don't particularly want to fix it......

If they fix it, its likely worth CONSIDERABLY MORE THAN $1,200.00

Last edited:
I decided to wait to see what Yamaha says, I've put to much time and effort into everything about the bike to make a rash decision now. Those impulse decisions often get me in trouble anyways lol

Last edited:
Wow, just got off the phone with Yamaha in Cali and explained the situation, where the crack is, an that I'm taking it to the dealer and she pretty much said I'm screwed because its out of warrantee. She didn't really sound like she had a clue though, it's still going to the dealer, because I want them to see where this crack is, and I guess ill go from there.

Question though, I don't have time at work to read through those other threads, but for those other bikes that it cracked in the same place, were the bikes still owned by the original owner? And also how old were they when it was repaired?

After I dropped it off I talked with the guy and told him I'm in no rush if its going to happen, he said he has scene tons of cracked frames but never one in that spot but the only thing thy would hold it back would be the damage where it fell over on that side. But it's obvious that the fall scratches are months old where the crack is fresh. He said he would let me know something ASAP but he's going to wait an deal with the corporate tech that normally treats them better and he has a little more pull with him since I'm in no rush vs trying to rush it. So as soon as I know something ill let y'all know.

I should have mentioned this before but... when you show up to drop off the bike, try not to drift the truck/trailer in sideways into the parking lot. Dead giveaway.

It's kinda funny because you mentioned the possibility that an indentation on my tank was exactly like yours due to wheelies, etc. Although I dismissed it at the time I now am thinking I overlooked when a few years ago I dirifted off the pavement onto a rocky and creviced side of the highway, I bounced up and down violently off my seat but managed to keep from crashing. Thanks for bringing up your experience. Now, it's you trying to pin the reason for which you have damage.

Just got the call I've been dreading, Yamaha said F you, and your bike too!

I figured it would be a longshot with the bike showing signs of having been down on both sides but worth a try. I don't want to part the bike out but I want the exhaust to go to someone on the forum so I'm thinking do a swap + cash. I say swap because if I sell it as is it needs to have a exhaust on it.

Just got the call I've been dreading, Yamaha said F you, and your bike too!

I figured it would be a longshot with the bike showing signs of having been down on both sides but worth a try. I don't want to part the bike out but I want the exhaust to go to someone on the forum so I'm thinking do a swap + cash. I say swap because if I sell it as is it needs to have a exhaust on it.

Which exhaust is on there and how many miles on it roughly?

Also, when my bike got totalled the shop was able to look up a frame and quoted a price at like $800 some dollars. Just a thought.

Back