Weird oil leak...

Tredon

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi there!

I just discovered a tiny oil leak from under the mysterious bolt/plug hidden behind water pump pipes on the right side of the engine ( Naked FZ6 S2 from 2008 ). This bolts head is maybe 20mm diameter and has an 8mm allen key socket. I went twice ( ! ) through technical manual for the bike, all the schematics and couldn't find it. Anyone knows what it is and what is the torque to tighten it? It went like 1/6 of a turn with a hex key, and the leak seems to be gone, but I want to do it once and for good without braking the thread.
Here is the picture:
DSC_2089.jpg

Thanks for your help!!!

:welcome:to this great forum!

Click here >>> CRANKCASE

#25 and #25 on the diagram. There is an O ring. You might need to just snug that bolt which is a plug....:)

Thank you so much!
I've missed this one! Now I'm going back to the manual to find the right torque.
All the best!

Thank you so much!
I've missed this one! Now I'm going back to the manual to find the right torque.
All the best!

FWIW: I'm pretty sure that hex plug is to the oil galley (full oil pressure behind it), be careful when you snug it down as I recall another member popped the head off as the torque spec is so low and the bolt is aluminum so its pretty soft.

Main gallery bolt = 8 Nm (0.8 m·kg, 5.8 ft·lb)

Back