Wavex's recovery

Lefty

Quis, mihi fatigo?
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Great to see you posting Nate, it's been awhile ...
Texted David tonight, he's doing fantastic considering.

Wavex

Lazy Mod :D
Reaction score
Visit site
Ive been following your misshap and progress, for starters id like to say it sucks what has happened to you, but great you have come out of it on the best side. We all know when riding it is the risk we take. Second id like to say how proud I am of our friends that have been there for you both at the scene and afterwards, through your hospital stay, thanks to you all from those of us that cant be there. Third I am taken aback by your good fortune from your insurance company, I cant imagine anyone could have thought you would have got looked after. I wish you the speediest recovery and hope your injurys don't keep giving you too much grief.

Nice! Thank you :rockon:

Seeing all this for the first time now......man oh man

Now that you have sampled what broken ribs feel like, you are officially ready to start riding dirt :) talk soon, my man.

Thanks Nate... let's talk next week and ride safe this weekend!

First day at work... not bad at all!! Looking forward to the wkd though lol

Saw the Dr yesterday and did another X-Ray and everything looks good. The bottom of my lung is still not fully inflated, but that's to be expected with the types of injuries I sustained.
I am about ready to get off the Percocet and start transitioning to Ibuprofen instead... GREAT NEWS!!!

Got my AAA check today for the gear and waiting for Harley to call me about my Buell... I am curious to see how long they will take :)

agf

Go Naked- Its liberating
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey David, been a while since I read how you're doing
hope all is going well

jrevans

Old-School Member
Reaction score
jrevans.fbody.com
I don't read the forum that much anymore so I totally missed these threads.

I hope that you're continuing to heal up well Wavex! Glad that it wasn't worse.

Like the others, I'd love to see the video.

Wavex

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks all and sorry for not stopping by more often but I am back to my normal busy life now :)

The video is uploading to youtube right now... took me 3 months but I finally finished it :D

The Buell is still with Harley... long story short they suck.... was $4k repair, approved by AAA, almost all completed... and last week they call me to tell me they finally removed the frame pucks and found a dent on the frame... so they just sent a bill for another $2k to AAA... AAA had told me I was right on the limit of them totaling it at $4k, so now I have no idea what's going to happen...

Anyway, I am not really worried at this point because I don't particularly want to ride right now... just wish I didn't have to deal with all of this anymore...

Oh and for the anecdote: the helicopter ride (~45 miles) costed $38k... $38,000!!!!! and my health insurance only covered $30k originally... I finally got them to pay the balance, but dealing with all the bills was a nightmare (still is actually).

Anyway, other than these details, life is good... I played bowling with my right arm not too long ago and Cali Rider and I are back to our weekly racquetball sessions... I'd say I am 95% back to normal with a couple of arm movements which make my ribs click and clack a bit lol... no worries though, life is good :)

Hope to see most of you soon again...

Video coming up shortly.

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Wow!! Already 95% back?! That's awesome news, David!! Very good to know you're doing so well. :thumbup:

Crazy about the bills, but what can you do? Hate how health insurance works here (and I work for UHC :rolleyes: )

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks all and sorry for not stopping by more often but I am back to my normal busy life now :)

The video is uploading to youtube right now... took me 3 months but I finally finished it :D

The Buell is still with Harley... long story short they suck.... was $4k repair, approved by AAA, almost all completed... and last week they call me to tell me they finally removed the frame pucks and found a dent on the frame... so they just sent a bill for another $2k to AAA... AAA had told me I was right on the limit of them totaling it at $4k, so now I have no idea what's going to happen...

Anyway, I am not really worried at this point because I don't particularly want to ride right now... just wish I didn't have to deal with all of this anymore...

Oh and for the anecdote: the helicopter ride (~45 miles) costed $38k... $38,000!!!!! and my health insurance only covered $30k originally... I finally got them to pay the balance, but dealing with all the bills was a nightmare (still is actually).

Anyway, other than these details, life is good... I played bowling with my right arm not too long ago and Cali Rider and I are back to our weekly racquetball sessions... I'd say I am 95% back to normal with a couple of arm movements which make my ribs click and clack a bit lol... no worries though, life is good :)

Hope to see most of you soon again...

Video coming up shortly.

It's great to here your doing well with the recovery and clicky ribs. Good luck to you for the future. If your bike is now a right off any thoughts on your next ride?

Nelly

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4

agf

Go Naked- Its liberating
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
good to hear from you glad your almost there

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner and it works every time !

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Great to hear from you David! I know that rib deal and you did more of them than I've done. I look forward to riding with you again soon! :)

Wavex

Reaction score
Visit site
It's great to here your doing well with the recovery and clicky ribs. Good luck to you for the future. If your bike is now a right off any thoughts on your next ride?

Nelly

I am not thinking about that right now at all.... I hope I get my Buell back, but I think I am still a bit scared of riding at this point...

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I am not thinking about that right now at all.... I hope I get my Buell back, but I think I am still a bit scared of riding at this point...

That's completely understandable considering what you have just gone through. Like I said bloody good to here that your doing so well.

Nelly

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Really pleased to hear you're pretty much fixed up , and not too many lingering problems. I'll watch the vid this evening (as vids tend to freeze up the computer at work).

Now that's a hell of a medical bill, especially when you have to dig into your own pocket :eek: I guess over here we just let the insurance deal with it.

Well take it easy David, hope everything heals up well (and you have no more clicking and clacking) :thumbup:.

motojoe122

No ride is too far...
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Good to hear you are up and running:thumbup:
That vid is crazy, things happened so quick. On a side note, while at a local shop one of the mechanics returned from a test ride on a Buell like yours. I said nice bike and you don't see too many of them around here. He said, yeah, especially with less than 100 miles on it!