Wavex's recovery

turbid

Reaction score
Visit site
i am glad that you went out of hospital, and continue your recovery at home. i couldnt look at the pictures as these scenes make me feel dizzy, i am not strong hearted when i see blood etc.

Cali rider

Reaction score
Visit site
I was so grateful to hear you were going home yesterday. A big thanks to Cali rider who I know came to get you and probably has you settled in at his spot to keep an eye on you. John is pretty silent in the background but I always get a sense of his great character and heart. Thank you John! (Cali rider).....snip

Thanks for the kind words, Cliff.

David is doing well, walking 2 miles at a time, and improving his respiration and stamina with a great outlook towards recovery. I'm sure he will back to normal quickly.

rsw81

Keep it Kosher
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for the kind words, Cliff.

David is doing well, walking 2 miles at a time, and improving his respiration and stamina with a great outlook towards recovery. I'm sure he will back to normal quickly.

Glad to hear his rehab is going so well. Thanks for being more than a friend to Mr. Lucky. You guys are like family, which is awesome!

I will organize something ASAP in the SD area to get us all back together for drinks or what not... I need a few weeks/months to heal completely (the pain is still very much present right now), but we will do something to close the loop on this whole adventure...

Hmmm... I'd fly in for that. Keep me posted.

Wavex

Lazy Mod :D
Reaction score
Visit site
Still recovering nicely... it is a slow process for my ribs and scapula, but I can see progress every day so that's great.

I also itemized all my gear and dropping everything at AAA today for evaluation... total is around $1500 so I am curious to see how much I'll get back on that.

Thank you all again for your support through this :)

Wavex

Reaction score
Visit site
wow, AAA is amazing.

My gear included:
- Alpinestar Leather Jacket
- Sidi Boots
- Held Gloves
- Forza Leather pants
- Sena Communicator (not gear, but I had it on the helmet and it was cracked due to crash)
- T-shirt (cut by hospital)
- CRG hindsight mirrors (not gear, but I included them anyway)

I only had the receipt for the helmet (which was 1 week old at the time of the accident), and my total (guestimate) was $1750 for everything.

Well AAA offered $1698.00!

I expected them to give me less than fifty cents on the dollar, but they really take care of their customers. The agent was great to deal with too.

I'll be posting the video soon... the frame by frame breakdown of the footage reveals some amazing details about what happened... the odds of my Contour camera catching all the stuff it did is pretty freaking amazing as well...

Mr. lucky is back......................... :rockon:

Verharen

~ Wild Child ~
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
wow, AAA is amazing.

I expected them to give me less than fifty cents on the dollar, but they really take care of their customers. The agent was great to deal with too.

Mr. lucky is back......................... :rockon:

That clinches it. I was on the fence about renewing my AAA membership, but after your post I know it is worth the peace of mind even if I never need their services beyond "free" maps and hotel discounts!!

So, are the multiple posts because you are back to work today? :BLAA:

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Good to hear you're on the mend David!

Now kick back and enjoy watching your homeland on tv - Tour de France :mikebike:

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

nthdegreeburns

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm new to the forum / community, but your injury has inspired me to be conscious always of safety and gear and to get to know folks here better. Take care and continue to get better.

Wavex

Reaction score
Visit site
Thank you!

So, are the multiple posts because you are back to work today? :BLAA:

Actually, not at all. Work will start Thursday. My vacation originally ended tonight (Monday), but I pushed it back a couple of days.

Plus, you won't see a lot of posts from me at work... it's quite hectic in that place :eek::D

aussiejules

Elite Member
Premium Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Ive been following your misshap and progress, for starters id like to say it sucks what has happened to you, but great you have come out of it on the best side. We all know when riding it is the risk we take. Second id like to say how proud I am of our friends that have been there for you both at the scene and afterwards, through your hospital stay, thanks to you all from those of us that cant be there. Third I am taken aback by your good fortune from your insurance company, I cant imagine anyone could have thought you would have got looked after. I wish you the speediest recovery and hope your injurys don't keep giving you too much grief.

rsw81

Keep it Kosher
Reaction score
Visit site
I had similar experiences with AAA when I wrecked in 2008. They covered the bike, aftermarket exhaust, and helmet. The rest of my gear was undamaged, so I didn't claim it. Glad you are getting good service from them.:thumbup:

For those not from SoCal, keep in mind that AAA in SoCal is different than AAA elsewhere.:spank:

Goop

Chips & Dip
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Just a heads up (at least for So Cal folks), something I found out when renewing my AAA membership today (which is required if you have AAA insurance).

A standard AAA membership does not include motorcycle towing, you have to add on the $37 RV/Motorcycle coverage:

From AAA:

RV, Motorcycle & Trailer
Expand your roadside assistance coverage

With a AAA membership, you already receive lockout/locksmith assistance and emergency fuel delivery for your RV and motorcycle. For only $37 more per household per membership year you will enjoy:

- RV and motorcycle tow benefits up to 100 driving miles
- A total of four RV or motorcycle towing or RV tire change service calls per household, each membership year (these calls are in addition to the four roadside assistance calls each cardholder receives per membership year)
- Applies to RVs, recreational trailers or motorcycles you own, borrow or rent
- Benefits extend across the U.S. and Canada

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Just a heads up (at least for So Cal folks), something I found out when renewing my AAA membership today (which is required if you have AAA insurance).

A standard AAA membership does not include motorcycle towing, you have to add on the $37 RV/Motorcycle coverage:

From AAA:

RV, Motorcycle & Trailer
Expand your roadside assistance coverage

With a AAA membership, you already receive lockout/locksmith assistance and emergency fuel delivery for your RV and motorcycle. For only $37 more per household per membership year you will enjoy:

- RV and motorcycle tow benefits up to 100 driving miles
- A total of four RV or motorcycle towing or RV tire change service calls per household, each membership year (these calls are in addition to the four roadside assistance calls each cardholder receives per membership year)
- Applies to RVs, recreational trailers or motorcycles you own, borrow or rent
- Benefits extend across the U.S. and Canada

Might as well join AMA then, if you're not already a member. Yearly fee is a bit over $40, which gets you moto/rv towing and quite a few discounts. Most importantly, they fight for our rights, so it's money well spent!

motojoe122

No ride is too far...
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Might as well join AMA then, if you're not already a member. Yearly fee is a bit over $40, which gets you moto/rv towing and quite a few discounts. Most importantly, they fight for our rights, so it's money well spent!
Just did, about a month ago:thumbup:

DefyInertia

Former '04 FZ6 Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
Seeing all this for the first time now......man oh man

Now that you have sampled what broken ribs feel like, you are officially ready to start riding dirt :) talk soon, my man.