Wavex's recovery

fastar1

Reaction score
Visit site
Wow, just heard about this. Recover quickly my friend!

Jblk9695: you may want to edit the first post in this thread to let readers know the accident saga starts on about page 11 of that other thread! Took me awhile to find it!

Thread is only 6 pages when I open it up. I guess I'll wait for 5 more pages to appear.

Oh wait... maybe I can warn Wavex to be careful before we hit the 11th page? Yes, that's it!

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Thx Travis!! And yes, I notice that my mental state plays a big role as to how I feel physically... I walked in the hallway 3 times today and washed myself thoroughly.... felt amazing to smell good again! :D

I also shaved today, so here we go for u f*ckers :Flip:

View attachment 48886
I know you forgot to tell us you dislocated your finger and its stuck in that position.
Glad to hear you had a wash,

Nelly

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Thread is only 6 pages when I open it up. I guess I'll wait for 5 more pages to appear.

Oh wait... maybe I can warn Wavex to be careful before we hit the 11th page? Yes, that's it!

# of pages depends on user preferences. Some have it set up to show just 10 posts per page, others 20, others more..
So can't really tell anyone to go to page 11. Each post is individually numbered though and those numbers never change, so that would make for a better reference :)

Verharen

~ Wild Child ~
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Post #105 on the Hoonapalooza thread is the first one from Wavex after the ride.

Mmm, if you smell better now then I may have to come down to the hospital one last time before they kick you out? :hug:

mxgolf

Motoup
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Sounds like you are doing much better considering everything. You will be back riding in no time. Keep up the positive vibes. :thumbup:

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Glad you're doing better David.

I totally get what you're going through. I had the exact same injuries back in 1988 when I high sided during a race. I took a helicopter ride that I don't remember. I came to as they where cutting my side to insert the tube for the pump that drained my chest. I was screaming and had already taken two hits of morphine and I wanted more because of the pain. And I had to lay on about five broken ribs and collar bone as the "funk" drained from my chest for a week or so.

It took about 10+ years for my ribs under my scapula to feel better. It was a burning, searing pain, but there was no PT back then, and they told you to "suck it up."

Get well my friend and we'll ride together again one day.

Wavex

Lazy Mod :D
Reaction score
Visit site
Thx Pete... but my ribs/scapula better feel better way before 10years!!!! :eek:

Are there any "Hot" nurses?

Surprisingly, most of them are. They told me I lucked out on the floor (best group of nurses). I told them my nickname :BLAA:

Got a lot of **** done today and took a long nap..... still progressing well. :thumbup:

lytehouse

The Toy Lady
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
turn up the volume, close your eyes, and imagine yourself on a nice twisty road with the sun streaming thru the trees.....

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gbv-yqqmLH0]Emancipator - Lionheart (2006) - YouTube[/ame]

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
David called me today on his way home!!! :D

Sent from Moto's Droid using Tapatalk 2 :mikebike:

sandctrev

Reaction score
Visit site
Good to hear. I threw floor drinks back in your honor. Realy though, hope to see you on a future Hoonagin ride.:BLAA:

Wavex

Lazy Mod :D
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi friends!! So after my last post in this thread, the Dr. came in and ripped the drainage tube out of my body (ouch). The whole operation lasted about 1min and then he told me I could go home whenever I wanted... I was in shock as I expected to get out Sunday at best... anyway... life is good and I want to thank all of u for ur amazing support. The Socal crew is very special indeed and I owe u all big time!!!

I will organize something ASAP in the SD area to get us all back together for drinks or what not... I need a few weeks/months to heal completely (the pain is still very much present right now), but we will do something to close the loop on this whole adventure...

THANK YOU!!!

View attachment 48926

View attachment 48927

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi friends!! So after my last post in this thread, the Dr. came in and ripped the drainage tube out of my body (ouch). The whole operation lasted about 1min and then he told me I could go home whenever I wanted... I was in shock as I expected to get out Sunday at best... anyway... life is good and I want to thank all of u for ur amazing support. The Socal crew is very special indeed and I owe u all big time!!!

I will organize something ASAP in the SD area to get us all back together for drinks or what not... I need a few weeks/months to heal completely (the pain is still very much present right now), but we will do something to close the loop on this whole adventure...

THANK YOU!!!

View attachment 48926

View attachment 48927

I was so grateful to hear you were going home yesterday. A big thanks to Cali rider who I know came to get you and probably has you settled in at his spot to keep an eye on you. John is pretty silent in the background but I always get a sense of his great character and heart. Thank you John! (Cali rider)

We did nothing special here. Not to say you're not special to us! You are and we're lucky to have our Mr. Lucky with us.

By the way... I never told you about this when I was busted up with broken ribs from my R1 crash.
I got some medical hose and did my own medical procedure but Lisa came home and pulled out my drain just as professionally as a doctor!
stupid-guy-beer-hat.jpg

Verharen

~ Wild Child ~
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
You and Lorenzo...wow. So glad to hear your body is working overtime to mend. Keep up the good work. I'm certain you are being well cared for.

Thanks for letting me fuss over you a bit. I hope I didn't over do it. When Goop called Hoonapalooza "my party" I felt responsible for ensuring my guests had a pleasant time. No matter how long they stayed! I never want the party to end.

Looking forward to your next visit. Or your next shirtless photo. :D It's all good.

-Hostess Hoonette Jen