Wash a warm or hot bike with a pressure washer.....?

lawlberg

Booth Babe
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm a little late to the party - but I'll add some comic relief to your predicament.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rsLYMIwtTeI]How to Clean your Bike - YouTube[/ame]

FZ09Bandit

�� Paramedic ��
Reaction score
Visit site
Since most motorcycle exhausts are made from titanium I will be ok, we'll unless its actively on fire which I doubt. HOWEVER more and often polishing will be required on the exhaust system. I spray carburetor cleaner on car engines that are up to running temp all the time and have never had a fire or a manifold break.

Rapidly cooling to deform would have to be something way faster than cool water.

SweaterDude

Broke-zillionaire
Reaction score
Visit site
deformation can happen on a minor level, and over time multiple deformations will stack up and cause problems, and water can cool things fast enough to easily deform metals. normally you'd have to submerge the material, but the pressure washer is focused enough to cause issues in a finite location. im not saying it will, but it would be BETTER not to wash a hot bike.

oh and the Turtle Wax ICE spray wax works really well for detailing your bike:thumbup:

nthdegreeburns

Reaction score
Visit site
Of course no no's are:
Chain, wheel seals, triple set, ignition switch, fork seals, caliper pistons, and exposed electronics, coils, plug caps, RR etc.

Is the seat on this list (assuming no cracks where water can get into the cushion)? I have a bottle of S100 to use when it stops behaving like Seattle here in Atlanta.

nthdegreeburns