warning about member PHXTRAVIS

Status
Not open for further replies.

YamahaMAXdRPMs

Jay- Tshirt Inventor Guy.
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Warning to all fz6 members, DO NOT buy anything from member PHXTRAVIS. This member sold me a SpeedoHealer at an amazing price, but neglected to tell me the horrible condition it was in. With pictures and emails to back me up, i can tell you a little about this item and seller.

Story:
He posted this up for $25, i sent a PM asking for it and he said it might be spoken for, i told him i would do $30 if he decided to change his mind or if it fell through. He agreed and sent me his paypal address, before asking if this was a WORKING speedohealer, i sent him the $30.(my mistake) Then, (with time stamped emails to back me up) after the money had been sent, he then told me that the wires had been cut and taped back together. Well im not good at working with electronics too much, but i figured as long as the money had already been sent, i guess he might as well ship it, it was already too late. Item was shipped approx 4 days later.

Arrival:
The box showed up at my front door with a return address of Brian Sch***** from golf cart store. yet the paypal name was Charles John***. Strange. The box is in HORRIBLE condition, ripped, bent, and wet throughout.

DSC05341.jpg

DSC05343.jpg

Item Condition:
The harness and box were both in bad condition, i was told that they were a few years old, so it was not a huge deal. Both were sticky and looked like they were pulled out of a junkyard pinto. The harness itself had been cut in the middle with a glob of electrical tape wrapped around. the two wires that had been cut were pulled from each end and left exposed. At the end of each harness there was another wired that was left completely exposed as it plugged into the harness end. Also, one of the harness ends looks as it someone poured 9 ounces of gorilla glue inside it. All these claims were denied by "Brian/Charles", as if i didnt have the item in front of me.

Harness
DSC05344.jpg

Harnes end with exposed wire and glue
DSC05350.jpg

Other end of harness with exposed wire sticking out
DSC05351.jpg

Better view of exposed wire
DSC05352.jpg

The dispute:
I sent Brian/Charles an email with my reaction to the items. Asking for my money back since i didnt feel safe installing these on my bike. It was replied with a (summarized) "You have not tested it yet, how do you know it doesnt work, you wanted it so bad, its yours now". I explained to him the bad condition it was in, and that i would file a complaint with paypal. No reply.

Paypal:
Filed a complaint with paypal, i think paypal gives you 30 days to modify it to a claim. i waited a few weeks and sent him an email reminding him of the dispute, and how i planned on changing it to a claim. no reply, No refund. Changed it to a claim on the day before the dispute expired, waited a week, no reply.
I have not heard from this member since 12-1-08

Moral of the story. not all Fz6ers are honest, play 20 questions with them before you purchase anything ;)

P.S. Anyone wanna buy a "slightly" used speedohealer? :thumbup:

DO NOT BUY FROM PHXTRAVIS

PHXTRaVIS :ban::spank:

DefyInertia

Former '04 FZ6 Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
No worries!

I'm surprised by this because this guy has been around here and the other forum (same name) for a while. I almost bought some stuff off him. He was selling a whole bunch of crap so I'd be interested to see what others have to say about their experience.

steveindenmark

Older Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Sorry to hear about your bad experience.

Have you ever heard of the expression "Buyer Beware"? I think you will be from now on.

I buy lots of things on the internet and if it is second hand I ALWAYS ask the questions before parting with any money. Ask all the questions in detail and even ask for fotos. If the seller is not keen to do this then Don`t deal with them.

Another big rule is TRUST NOBODY. We all chat on here and I have an idea of what some people on here are like but you never really know until you have done business with them.

We need Phxtravis side of the story but at the end of the day you are dealing with it through PayPal after being a bit of an idiot and Phxtravis is a bit of a sleaze if he did not tell you what bad condition it was in.

Thats my opinion.

Steve

zigzagg321

blue is fastest...
Reaction score
Visit site
he should be banned from this site for ripping off another member, and then being a jackass about it to boot.

lonesoldier84

SuperFlanker Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
i bought some birth control pills from him for a very good price a while back.

i am now 4 months pregnant. i am not pleased.

all kidding aside tho, wow man that is quite unfortunate. might be worth it asking for pictures next time u buy anything. i try not to buy anything online without seeing a lot of good pictures. i usually get stuff off ebay and have never had problems that way.

Smittyboy

Reaction score
Visit site
Sorry to hear about your bad experience.

...We need Phxtravis side of the story... Thats my opinion.

Steve

That's what I was thinking... If I sold something to someone and they were bad mouthing me like this I'd hop off the chain... Then again I wouldn't have anything to hide. If this was supposed to be a legit deal, then he should come in and defend himself and resolve the problem...

YamahaMAXdRPMs

Jay- Tshirt Inventor Guy.
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
That's what I was thinking... If I sold something to someone and they were bad mouthing me like this I'd hop off the chain... Then again I wouldn't have anything to hide. If this was supposed to be a legit deal, then he should come in and defend himself and resolve the problem...

yeah, well, i guess on 12-1-08 when he stop all contact with me, he gave up his right to keep it quiet, thats what this section is for correct? buyer feedback? Im all for him stepping up to the plate, i knew these items were not new when i purchased them, but i didnt expect them to be in this bad of shape

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
yeah, well, i guess on 12-1-08 when he stop all contact with me, he gave up his right to keep it quiet, thats what this section is for correct? buyer feedback? Im all for him stepping up to the plate, i knew these items were not new when i purchased them, but i didnt expect them to be in this bad of shape

I sent him a PM pointing him to this thread and asking for his side of the story.

As of right now i am closing this thread before it gets out of hand. it serves it's purpose of warning of a seller, but until both sides are heard all further opinions on this matter are strictly speculation.

Status
Not open for further replies.