warmest non-heated winter gloves?

dankatz

Commuter
Reaction score
Visit site
I searched the forums and read whatever I could find. I am still not sure that there is such a thing as a very warm winter glove. I have a short, 25 minute (8-10mile), mostly city (up to 50mph) ride to work. Yet, at 25-30F weather my cheap Tourmaster Cold-Tex gloves don't cut it - even after 5 minutes. I bought the silk liners and honestly I don't think they help a bit. Looking to not cheap out and spend more money now. I am trying to decide if it is worth it or my fingers will still go numb and freeze?
I am considering the Tourmaster Winter elite, Teknic Thunder Waterproof(helf the price) and am open to other suggestions under $100.
Thanks for any advice,
Dani

Raid The Revenge

Reaction score
Visit site
WIND RIVER

<Elm comes out of a closet and gives you a...>
Wind River Gear - Quality Outdoor Gear

<...digs for more and gives...>
Insulated Deerskin Gloves : Sears Canada...

Are you REALLY cold? Poor thing...try these!
Waterproof Breathable Winter Gloves- Lined

Whoa! You have REALLY cold hands! You can BARELY hang-on to your money? Then you need SNOWMOBILE gloves.
Coldwave Sno Star Snowmobile Gloves - www.snogear.com 1-800-394-8232

You want THINSULATE or THERMOLITE liners for the best warmth. Those DEERSKIN gloves from SEARS worked for me in Canada. They're best for the price.

IMPORTANT! Claud just mentioned that any glove that is too tight will cut-off circulation and cause DIRECT contact with the cold! Keep that in mind.

Last edited:

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I haven't found any yet.... I do have snowmobile gloves and even those aren't cutting it.

jamesfz6

The faster red one!
Reaction score
Visit site
I use the Alpine Star winter gloves from Cycle Gear. I dont know how well they would work in real cold weather, but they make my hands sweat when it is 30 degrees here in texas. They are also waterproof...:thumbup: