TourMaster Synergy 2.0 Gloves, Jacket and Pants review...

PosterFZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
Yesterday's was my first time with riding in heated gear and OHH MY GOD it was amazing. Just so it happened it was quite windy and of course it started to rain. I just cranked up the heat a little bit more and I was peachy.

Where you really want to keep the temperature however is in the lower settings. For one, you are not drawing as much power from the electrical system and for another you only need enough heat to just keep you comfortable. Once I adjusted the heat settings, I just felt like I was riding in 85 degree weather. Not too hot and not too cold.

There are few issues with the set up though.

For example, while fitting of these liners seems to be pretty good. Once you put on the top layers.. ie your regular winter jacket and pants with no liners, you will still feel like Michelin man, albeit a bit more comfortable.

Problem for me was with the design where the cables come out.

For example the heated gloves are gauntlet so while I wanted to wear them over the sleeves of my jacket, I couldn't because I would have no way to the wires connected. They were too short and bottom line is that even if they were long enough it wouldn't be too comfortable.

Now, I happened to wear my TCX S-Zero boots. They have the shin guards and over all it would have been impossible to wear the heated pants liner inside the boot. It was very hard to stretch out the liner t go over the boot's shin guard. So even if I wanted to wear heated boot insoles it would be impossible to connect the wires from the insoles to the pants.

I suppose that's more of a fault of my boots. But I am yet to come across boots that are not designed to fit snugly on your feet. Otherwise what's the point of buying moto boots if they will come off in event of a crash.

I also have Teknic Defender waterproof boots so I suppose I might try wearing the pants liner inside the boot.

I am pretty sure that the heated boot insoles are pretty superfluous however. Once my legs and core was heated my feet weren't that cold any more.

Had I actually been wearing my waterproof boots yesterday I wouldn't have wet feet from the rain so my they wouldn't even be cold.

for now I am pretty happy with the set up and literally there's noting stopping me now from riding all winter in comfort. Yesterday was about 50 degrees with pronounced winds/rain so I suppose that's not the ultimate coldness test for the gear but I am confident that even if the temperature drops down even more I will be pretty comfortable.

In terms of the fitment the pants could use some sort of zipper or something to keep them up from falling down and zip them up with the heated jacket. I think I will have to saw a zipper into them myself.

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Heated gear rocks!! I only use gloves and jacket and have yet to want anything else heated.. those 2 items do enough (doubt I'll be riding at much below freezing, where any other heated items would be desirable).

I guess my jacket wires a bit different.. they're very long. They come out of sleeves and leave plenty of room to route back up the sleeve inside the gauntlet and come back out. :don'tknow:

The jacket I occasionally set to medium or high (usually low), but the gloves on anything more than low occasionally burn tops my fingers.. far from a perfect design.

cmantis

Reaction score
Visit site
I just ordered a pair of gerbings core heat gloves after trying on my buddies pair. They are battery powered so no need for wires. Cant hardly wait ill prolly wear them everywhere.

PosterFZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
I just ordered a pair of gerbings core heat gloves after trying on my buddies pair. They are battery powered so no need for wires. Cant hardly wait ill prolly wear them everywhere.

I was thinking about wireless but the battery life is pretty short. I was told that it lasts from 1 hour to 4 hours depending on the settings.

Plus I always have to remember to charge the battery before a ride. Too much to worry about. It's easier to just hook up to the bike.

Just my 2 cents.