Wanna mod but......

wanna mod the hell outta the bike but.....

• Total voters

fazed_ya

Reaction score
Visit site
I was just wondering how many are out there that want nothing more then to mod the **** out of their Fz but....... a its their daily(like everyday) driver like me. B always broke$$$ wise. C A.D.D just wont allow ya to wrap your head around where to start. Or D. Don't wanna be a poser. Oh and E. Which is me all the above!!!!

ebster1085

Reaction score
Visit site
My bike is my daily driver for around 7 months of the year, 70 miles a day round trip. This does not hold me back, though, and I have already done the following:

FE kit
Frame sliders
Two Bros CF cans
VS02 conversion kit
PowerBronze belly pan

Also planning to mod the rear tire hugger to look more aggressive, paint the radiator covers black, potentially powdercoat the rear sets black, throw on a set of FZ1 bars, and possibly lower the front end a bit.

fazed_ya

Reaction score
Visit site
My mods consist of ummmm
Rim tape
underbody light kit
K&n air filter
Air box mod
Corbin seat
Heated grips
Acerbis multi-concept pro line hand gaurds
Freshly painted wind screen. (Plastidip) Last weekend
fender eliminator
drilled exhaust
And some others I'm sure I'm forgetting
Painted radiator covers (plastidip)
but I'm talking some serious Modding

Last edited:

SANGER_A2

Reaction score
Visit site
I've modded the **** out of mine and drive it every day. Plus I'm not exactly loaded, but save up the money for mods I want and try to do it on the cheap when I can. I ride my bike so much I want to mod it to make it much better to ride. I think you'll get quite a few repetitions of this post in response to your thread! you can see all the stuff I've done (and how much I've spent) over the three years I had the bike using my site link below...

I use time in the evenings, the weekends and the holidays if it's something that will take the bike off the road for a while.

RCPMg33k

Squid
Reaction score
www.azpeacemakers.com
I've got a list of mods I want to do. So far I've only done one, but the others are in the works. I too am a father when I get home, but my daughter goes to sleep at about 7:30PM. That usually gives me an hour or two a night to "tinker". And there's weekends. Sure I'd rather be riding, but I can sacrifice an out of town ride every now and then to make the bike better.

My bike came with a fender eliminator already on it from the previous joker...I mean owner. But the joker..sorry...again I meant previous owner didnt transfer the plate light and then he even cut the wire all the way back to the harness...so that was the first mod a few nights ago.

My next mod that I am saving up for and will be buying piece by piece is the rest of my lighting...except the head light...which I plan to do...but will do separately as it will be a costly one.

I'll buy turn signals...then I'll buy the break/tail light...then I'll buy the flasher module....then one night I'll wire it all in and bolt it all on. Should look pretty awesome when done. I may or may not do the dual headlight mod at this time as well. But we'll see. ;)

For me its just a matter of making the time and managing the funds. :thumbup:

When I'm done, my bike will look :rockon: ROCKSTAR :rockon: :D

agf

Go Naked- Its liberating
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
over the past 10 months I have ridden about 90% of the time as a daily commute, 10 ks each way door to door and the mods are all below
next up is probably 'killernoodles " clutch lever.

turbid

Reaction score
Visit site
my fz (06)is not my daily driver so i like to mod it when i have a couple of bucks lying around.

the mods so far

07 forks and fender
r6 blue dot calipers
07 handlebar clamp
07 swingarm
07 passenger pegs (just the pegs not the hangers as mine are welded)
rear yamaha colour coded fender (i bought a new oem painted one not painted the original black one that came with the bike)
blue rim tape
painted windscreen middle done in black and sides in blue (front cowling and windscreen are original 06 items - so bike is sort of hybrid)
original yamaha radiator cover
original yamaha led indicators.
mt 01 bar ends

on the list
braided brake lines

maybe doing
rear shock
top sellerie seat
change fork oil
change rusty fastners
fz1 handlebar

08fz6

Make no excuses!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I wish i could get away with my bike as dd for 7 months out of the year. I am lucky to be able to ride mine 3 and a half months out of the year. I work on the road 8 months out of the year so my riding time is limited to May-middle of Aug. But I have done a few mods. they are in my signature. My dd is a Brand New 2011 Ford Edge Limited AWD
MyEdge.jpg

Last edited:

2006_FZ6

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
So this post got me thinking, what have I done so far? Mine is not a daily driver, more of a fun driver in good weather. Here's my list:

BD43 Headlight mod
Leo Vince exhaust
Fender eliminator
Rizoma rear turn signals
LED license plate lights
LED Tail light
FZ1 Handlebars
Rizoma grips
90 degree tire valve stems
Powder coated headers
Battery tender hookups
OES Sliders

Planned:
LED flush mount front turn signals
HID headlight conversion
Windscreen (Haven’t decided which one yet)
Replace damaged plastics (rash from previous owner)
Replace stator cover (rash from previous owner)

I'm afraid to add up how much $$$ I've spent on this beast!

ohgood

Reaction score
Visit site
I was just wondering how many are out there that want nothing more then to mod the **** out of their Fz but....... a its their daily(like everyday) driver like me. B always broke$$$ wise. C A.D.D just wont allow ya to wrap your head around where to start. Or D. Don't wanna be a poser. Oh and E. Which is me all the above!!!!

If the poll wasn't above, this post would be indecipherable.

Downs

Touring Jarhead
Reaction score
Visit site
Mines a daily rider I just put whatever mods I want on either after work or on weekends where it's not fun to get out and ride for the hell of it.
6c4d7239-43c3-efce.jpg

Last edited:

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
Damn downs!!! Those are some huge boxes!!! Or should I say how did you get this suitcases to stick to the side of your bike lol. Do you leave those on all the time or was that pic taken before or after a road trip maybe? Also how big are they, like cubic ft or what have you. Or the redneck area measurement system, how many cases of beer can you fit in each box? Lol

Downs

Touring Jarhead
Reaction score
Visit site
They're Pelican 1550 cases I had for a prior dual spot project. They didn't get used there so I mounted them to my FZ6 using GIVI Racks and pelican case adpters from Twisted Throttle. I may start another thread about my touring farkles on this bike.

Size on those is 35 or 37 liters i think I stopped for some shiner the other day And I think I could carry 4 six packs per case with some room to spare.

I've also got a top case mount for a GIVI topcase from my FJR that will fit a full face helmet and a jacket liner.

Those were mounted right after install of the racks for the picture. I only run them when I need to go grocery shopping or for trips.

For just running around town or going to work I bungie a small backpack on the back seat or use the bungie net I keep under the seat.

Sent from my iPhone

Reed

Southern Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
I may start another thread about my touring farkles on this bike.

I think that you should definitely start a thread about your touring farkles! I am a big fan of touring, and would like to learn more about it, especially on the FZ6! :thumbup:

Wh0M3

Reaction score
Visit site
I would say all the above and add, my wife got mad at me for the last mod I did because it went wrong... :BLAA: Now every time I talk about changing something she has this look in her eye. :eyebrow::disapprove::rant: