VS1 install time?

hsq91

Reaction score
Visit site
Nothing special. Just pure brute force. I used two pairs of pliers. One on the harness, one on the connector. You can experiment on the other harness that's not used any more to practice. That's what I did.

GGSteelman

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello. I'm new to the forum and and just bought a 2005 FZ6. I am a huge fan of the naked kit and I am looking to purchase the VS01/02 kit. I am just wondering how difficult the install is? Is pretty straight forward? I'm pretty mechanically inclined, but this is my first bike. I would like to not have to mess with any electrical. ie: splicing, pulling harnesses apart. I'm also a member of many Subaru WRX forums, and on there, people do install write ups with lots of pictures. Is there anything like for this install? Thanks.

OOOOhhhhhh another WRX owner! What's your name on NASIOC?

And yes lots of people have done the VS01/02 kits, so I would assume there are writeups. Should be pretty straight forward though, just have to re-route the wiring harness to the right side of the bike, tucked under the frame.

Mods are mods. If you're not comfortable with splicing you may want to take this opportunity to learn, or enlist some help.

jecon462

Reaction score
Visit site
The VS2 kit came and the install was fairly easy (no directions inside?) So with a little paint and some pinstripe tape this is what it looks like...(better pics to come)