Visor cleaning whilst on the move

no idea, they are made for snowmobiling and i would imagine that snow and water would get on a snowmobile helmet.
My Olympia winter gloves have a squeegee on them. Can't find a name on them other than "Style 1310" with Primaloft insulation. They're fairly warm, comfortable, but don't have the feel for the throttle like my summer gloves (and all winter gloves may be like that...).

The ones I got my father for christmas have it on them. Not sure of the name off the top of my head though. I will have to go find them and let you know.

-bryan

I have used a 4" piece of this kind of wiper blade Rain-X Latitude Wiper Blade and attach it to bike w/velcro depending on size of blade you can get 3-4 pieces from 1 blade

Thats a good idea there! It could be easily attached there on the left side of the innerfairing. I might have to look into that before the family trip to Florida in March.

-bryan

I have gloves with a wiper on them and they seem to work really well. I believe they are the older version of these Cortech :: Scarab Winter Glove
I also use Rain X on my visor. Both seem to work really well. Now if I could find a way to stop my visor from icing up on the outside it would be great.

My mate has a wiper blade type thing on the forefinger of his bike glove and he says it is great.

The washing up liquid trick is for the INSIDE of the visor. Make sure you polish it all off and it helps prevent fogging.

It does work, trust me.

It helps prevent.....not necessarily stops altogether.

Steve

Rain-X warns against use on plastics

Use the Rain-X at your own risk. There's a warning on the bottle not to use it on plastics. At $30 for a visor, that's an expesive lesson. I use Eagle "wax as you dry" car polish on my visor. It make the water bead and run pretty well, but I've still been caught in a very light mist that just wouldn't bead. So, I just speeded up and turned my head to the side. That did the trick.:)

Back