video camera on fz6

coursonap

Reaction score
profile.myspace.com
Just to let everyone know on here, if you want a camera to use on a tank mount for your motorcycle dont buy a jvc everio. It is a super nice camera all the features and things you can do with it. There is only one problem with it and for me it is a big one. I bought mine a couple of weeks ago for my trip to the dragon. I found out today it will not work while mounted on a motorcycle, Even if you turn the drop detection off it still messes up. It says that the video managment file is broken and needs to recover. I called JVC today they said that this camera is not made to take any vibration what so ever. So in other words I bought a $350 piece of crap.

What cameras do any of you use on your motorcycles?

cbzdel

Reaction score
Visit site
I dont remember what mine is called but its listed in my sig, I paid $50 used for it! Its waterproof as well, and comes with a handle bar mount. The video is decent, not HD or anything, it looks like a cell phone quality video but it works for me...

Raid The Revenge

Reaction score
Visit site
If you're going to buy a camcorder for your motorcycle, make sure it's mounted in a very stable position. All the shock that goes through the frame will also travel through the camera.

The biggest problem with some of the newer camcorders is they record onto a miniature hard drive, using very delicate parts that could skip under shock.

Another problem is the G-Force. If a camera isn't designed to resist pressure, it could start malfunctioning after 2 - 3 G's.

One way you can prevent these problems, is to buy a camcorder that allows Flash Card technology. Memory Sticks and SD cards have no mechanical parts in them, meaning they can withstand more shock. Use a memory stick when you film with a camcorder on a bike.

Make sure you use a wide conversion lens or I'll kick your ass. I hate it when people don't use a wide conversion lens; otherwise you can't see anything. Oh yeah, something else I forgot, DON'T edit your video with dumbass music when it's finished. If you need music, play something everyone can accept. I've seen epic videos that were ruined by horrible music in the background.

Last edited:

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Raid is correct. Solid State is the ONLY way to record on the bike. Get a GoCam!

I have the Sony DVD108 Handycam. It works OK if I am simply cruising but on the Dragon, it cut off when I got to higher revs. Seems that at about 8k, it gives up. It does what I want while touring though.