Used FZ6's... what to look for?

KindredGhost

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey again fellas...

So, before I begin, I just wanted to say thanks for the input in my previous post. It's pretty damn cool, and "totally" appreciated.

Anyway, I'm beginning my search for used fz6's. Do I need to look for anything in particular when purchasing used as far as factory defects are concerned? (When I bought my vtr, I had to be on the look out for failing chain cam tensioner's, and older regulator rectifiers.)

Either way, you get the drift. Any pointers?

Thanks again,
KG

W

wrightme43

steering head bearings.

and recalled TPS replacement those are all I know of with our bike.

DefyInertia

Former '04 FZ6 Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
lock nut washer on the counter shaft was another "recall" but I think that was corrected by 2006 but I'm not positive...either way, it's free to get fixed and you can view the notice to determine if your bike is effected.

if I were you, I would totally buy a used 2007+ since there were so many improvements made including correction of some of the previously mentioned problems.

W

wrightme43

lock nut washer on the counter shaft was another "recall" but I think that was corrected by 2006 but I'm not positive...either way, it's free to get fixed and you can view the notice to determine if your bike is effected.

if I were you, I would totally buy a used 2007+ since there were so many improvements made including correction of some of the previously mentioned problems.

^^^^ yes the 07 made some big improvements.

billm

Reaction score
Visit site

If money's not an object!
I got an '04 & have no idea if any of these things had been done, but so far there's no problems w/mine at all.

Last edited: